PDA

View Full Version : XtremeSystems.org MSN Bot?

Alec
07-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Hey guys,
well its coming up to that time of the year again when you have 6 weeks of holiday and you don't know what to do to fullfill your time other than game...

I have some basic knowlege of Visual Basic 6 and how to make MSN Bots using the language. So I have been thinking... Maybe I should make a XtremeSystems.org Bot?

The bot would be based on a menu system where you type the number to the selected option to go to execute that option.
I am thinking of making some options like world record databases where the user types something like "/world01" which would bring up the top 10 3dmark01 scores (recieved from the hwbot or forum... dunno which one i will make hte bot interact with yet..)

There might also be an option to submit your scores to the XS overclocking / world record databases through the bot.

I have the basic bot already here with some basic commands and functions but I will easily be able to add new commands and functions to the bot.

What do you guys think about this project?

Any feedback is most welcome!!!

AH^DK
07-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Could be VERY nice imo.

bachus_anonym
07-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Well, look for RichBa5tard's threads...

We already have 5 Bots on XS: SPi1M, Pifast10M, 3DM01, 3DM03 and 3DM05 ;)

EDIT: Unless, you have sth else in mind and I didn't understand it :D

MaxxxRacer
07-11-2005, 01:13 PM
sounds like a cool idea.. not sure how much anyone would use it as the same info will be on the forums but it would be entertaining atleast.

Alec
07-11-2005, 01:38 PM
yeah just an alternate way to access the world stats really.

Will start it within the next 3 weeks :)

masterofpuppets
07-19-2005, 08:17 AM
Noooo! Make an IRC or Jabber bot instead! MSN is a mess.

krille
07-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Sure, why not? Messenger Botting is fun. I used to do that a few years ago myself. Too bad you have to use 4.7 for max control. Is there even an API for MSN 7? There is for 5 and 6 iirc, but I never really had any use for them.

So, are you really making this for MSN and not Windows Messenger? Could be interesting to see the result, but I advice you, the API for Windows Messenger (4.7) is a lot more powerful and there are more guides out there for it.

Happy programming! :toast:

franki-evil.tk
08-17-2005, 04:20 PM
imo it wold be good if you implimented speach patterns , so you could ask it a question and it could match that question to one on it's database , then answer accordingly (i.e Q:"h0w d0 I h4x0r ppl?" A:"F**K OFF N00B!")

the theory is solid but im sure it would be very hard to script

either way goodluck :toast:

IYP
08-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Noooo! Make an IRC or Jabber bot instead! MSN is a mess.

for once i need to side with m0p and say go with IRC....

haha thats the greatest answer....F**K OFF N00B!!!!

Alec
08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Is there even an API for MSN 7? There is for 5 and 6 iirc, but I never really had any use for them.
Not totally sure about MSN7 yet, but I have APIs which work with version 6, 6.5 and 6.7 so im guessing it will work with it without issues, will experiment later.