PDA

View Full Version : Part installation question

hoodiejuggalo
07-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Alright, currently I'm looking for a new car. I've had my eye on a '68 Cadillac Deville, I just love them big boats! :) It's a beauty, but it needs a new fuel pump and carb, the current owner doesn't have the time to put them in, but they are included with the price. So my question for more car saavy people is, how long would this take me to install? I'm no expert mechanic, but I'm not dumb on the subject of cars either. Or do you think it'd be easier just to head up to my local mechanic. (Though I'd hate to have someone else messing with my baby! :p:) Hope someone knows!

Thanks!

rhino56
07-15-2005, 07:07 AM
probably a fairly easy install as its an older vehicle. but make sure you get the carb tuned right.

Ugly n Grey
07-15-2005, 07:26 AM
A carb install is dead simple , a couple hours and a three beer job. Changing the fuel pump will be a pain in the butt, it's the aggrevation factor, I'd say it's also a couple hours and a three beer job with some crawling around on your back. Do them at the same time though, you will get frustrated trying to tune a carb on a weak fuel pump.

Rippthrough
07-15-2005, 08:50 AM
With a mate or two I reckon you could get it done and tuned within 40 minutes, but that depends on how difficult the pump is to get to, and how far out the carb is, and whether it needs new jets etc.