PDA

View Full Version : ?? 4 the super O/Cers here

Craig
12-22-2002, 01:03 PM
I know there are a number fo highly talented O/Cers on this site and I have a question for you fellas.

I wonder if any of you have ever used any of the differant methods to cool your memory modules chips in your systems? If yes what type do you use & how much gains have you found? HOw highly clocked does a system need to be to gain anything from these methods?

The thread about "Can I have some overkill please" got me to wondering about this.

Thanks for any information you can offer me. I'm interested in building a high performance system but hadn't really considered doing anything to the ram. Am I neglecting something?

edit : In hind sight I guess I should have addressed this to, anyone with experiance, good or bad with RAM cooling. I'd be gratfull for anyones input on any advantages they have found, or not, with this type of cooling. Thanks guys.

Charles Wirth
12-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Cooling the memory is a must when trying to reach maximum FSB with agressive memory timing.

Most people leave the original heat spreaders on the memory and add a small fan to blow directly on the memory chip.

I do not think that watercooling the memory is overkill for those of us who post front page scores on 3DMarks.