PDA

View Full Version : TT Truepower 480w sensemod results...

xxxAgentxxx
07-04-2005, 07:39 PM
I've had this PSU for a couple years now, there have been revisions made since then, so these results may be different on newer versions.

Anyhow, for those with a tt truepower 480w, and interested in doing a vsense mod I can give you the exact length to which it will go. Adjusting using a 10kohm pot, and using pc-ices mod, I got it up to 3.65v on the 3.3. Any lower resistance would almost immediately drop it back down to 3.3v, and I'm possitive 3.65 is the max you can get this PSU to mod to. Not great, but not bad either :D Happy modding!

vegeta
07-14-2005, 11:18 AM
I've had this PSU for a couple years now, there have been revisions made since then, so these results may be different on newer versions.

Anyhow, for those with a tt truepower 480w, and interested in doing a vsense mod I can give you the exact length to which it will go. Adjusting using a 10kohm pot, and using pc-ices mod, I got it up to 3.65v on the 3.3. Any lower resistance would almost immediately drop it back down to 3.3v, and I'm possitive 3.65 is the max you can get this PSU to mod to. Not great, but not bad either :D Happy modding!

I've done the hell-fire mod. And it was quite disapointing to me :mad:.
His PSU was a antec TP 380 or something can't remember anymore. And he could get 4.1V (or was it 4.3V), and I only got 3.6-3.7V as max with my TrueBlue. If I turn more on the VR the OVP kicks in.

If I had 4.1V I didn't had to buy a DDR-booster :slap:

xxxAgentxxx
07-22-2005, 12:28 AM
3.6 - 3.7 is nothing to shun ;) I'm assuming you did a vdimm mod as well? You should be able to hit 3.5-3.6v dimm, which in my opinion, is more than enough to push bh-5, unless you plan on pushing it to the bleeding edge. I'll admit, it would be nice having the option of going higher on voltage, but this suits me just fine, i got my bh-5 up to 270 (not stable) 2-2-2-5 before it crashed. Stable @ around 255 2-2-2-5. I wish the ram would go higher...