PDA

View Full Version : goood program to download legal mp3's

WeStSiDePLaYa
07-04-2005, 04:11 PM
whats a good program to download legal mp3's limewire isnt working on my rig, its locking up at the langauge selection box after i install it. anything else out there as good as it with the features?

evetS-
07-05-2005, 08:47 PM
i really don't think limewire is a legal way to dl mp3's. The only legal ones I know of is itunes. how do ya like them apples...

Charles Wirth
07-05-2005, 09:03 PM
http://www.rhapsody.com/

seen this, not sure if anyone has tried it yet.

ATW
07-26-2005, 09:34 PM
limewire isnt working on my rig, its locking up at the langauge selection box after i install it.

Turn AA/AF off.

Disposibleteen
07-27-2005, 08:19 AM
http://www.rhapsody.com/

seen this, not sure if anyone has tried it yet.
Yes i use that i like the 25 free streams per month, it helps me decide whether i like i cd before i buy it or not. There are a ton of legal mp3 programs. Napster, itunes, rhapsody take your pick, the list goes on. I dont personally use any of them becuase i like having the actual cd in my hands but i would go for napster as it has the napster to go feature that lets you fill you mp3 player every month which is great unless you have an ipod.

.sentinel
07-27-2005, 08:29 AM
I use iTunes because I go super lucky and my parents and sister, grandparents and godparents chipped in an gave me a iPod for graduation. I like it because it has a nice interface plus they have a lot of tracks.

freak22
07-27-2005, 04:52 PM
i really don't think limewire is a legal way to dl mp3's. The only legal ones I know of is itunes. how do ya like them apples...

did ayone not get that.

made me laugh :D :D :D

Magnj
07-27-2005, 04:55 PM
yea... Oh and BTW P2P other than Torrent and IRC - teh death

jhzero
07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
I have always preferred iTunes, if you have an Ipod. I tried others, but most of the music I like is not always available. Add to that, it is hard to manage itunes and another service for downloading to the ipod. If you don't have an ipod, try rhapsody.

Zero

IYP
07-30-2005, 04:12 PM
itunes definatly....even if you dont have an ipod....its the greatest

lol its so weird to hear napster associated with legal these days...

there are 2 diffrent philosophies to legal downloading of music

on one hand you have napster that thinks that people want to "rent" music....they charge a monthly fee oncce you cancle ther service...there goes all your music...theres no way to get around this that ive heard of...there used to be a plugin to winamp that would let you burn them to a cd and re-import them non protected...thats long gone

now heres the itunes philosophy...they think people want to "own" music...this caters to my personal prefrence when you buy a song off itunes for 99c a song or 9.99$ an album its youurs to burn to 10 cds use on 5 computers and 5 portables(i think those are the right numbers) but the funny thing is you can burn it to a Cd and re-import it non protected with their software and its your with no strings attached

ppick from the above....if you dont mind being tied down to napster, windows media player and a monthly fee maby napster is for you but otherwise me thinks that itunes is the choice

jjcom
07-30-2005, 06:01 PM
I like Napster, no monthly fees, 99cents a track and generally 9.95 for a album, some are alittle more. Great country music selection :D

:confused: I use Napster Light, no monthly fees, I can download Napster and put it on I think 2 or 3rigs and burn CDs no problem.

jjcom