PDA

View Full Version : New chipset fan for the A8N-SLi

Peggo The Idiot
07-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey, I'm running an A8N-SLi board from Asus, it's got the nForce4 chipset and unfortunatly the chipset fan has started to play up. After an hour or two with the pc on the chipset fan starts clicking, then when i reboot it doesn't come back on, the chipset fan is very hot when this happens and won't restart until it's cooled down again. There does not appear to be anything (like dust) in the fan that is causing it to play up.

So after a lil google I found a thread on Anandtech's forum that has some users of the deluxe version of my board that wern't happy with the chipset fans quality and noise level so they upgraded. After reading this I logged onto to OcUK (http://overclockers.co.uk) and had a browse for chipset fans. I found a couple, easily within my price range (not even over 10 GBP), unfortunatly I am not 100% sure of whether these are compatable with my board.

What chipset fan would be my best option for the nForce 4, ASUS A8N-SLi (not deluxe) motherboard?

[XC] leviathan18
07-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Vantec CCB-A4C Iceberg 4 ppl says is the best my chipset fan have the same problem as yours but you can contact asus support and they will send you the new revision (im tired of wait so im going to buy this one) luck with that board !!!!!

edit if you dont want to buy a new one i have the solution for that problem just put a 80mm fan over it disconect the chipset fan and disable the monitoring system in bios you will see the temp drop to 33° idle 35° load you wont have to worry about noise anymore :toast: cheers

Peggo The Idiot
07-03-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge into this matter but isn't that vantec for GPUs?

[XC] leviathan18
07-03-2005, 09:38 AM
yes but that one also fits in the chipset use the searh button and you will see ppl using it in the a8n and the dfi

Peggo The Idiot
07-03-2005, 10:16 AM
thank you! :D :D

[XC] leviathan18
07-03-2005, 05:58 PM
if you wait till the 7 or 8 ill show you some results