PDA

View Full Version : Modding vapochill classic Socket A to Socket 939.

pleasure
07-03-2005, 01:57 AM
I have a socket A vapochill classic, which will be refillt with propane, for reasonable temperatures. I am going to install it on a Venice s939 and i do not want to pay 110 euro for a socket kit. So i have to make it myself. A thought of making sort of a box, with the evaporater in of it and enough of insulation, that could be fit by using the 2 holes around the socket. Above the evaporator is a feather, to push the evaporator on the cpu. This feather have to be in the box as wel. Mayby some of you have any good ideas and tips for insulation. The vapochill will be able to transport 130 - 150 Watt of heat by minus 10.

Thanks

MeltedDuron
07-09-2005, 12:54 PM
i wish i could help but i have no experience with vapo's, as for the insulation, I use plenty of dc4, cut a neoprene gasket, and fill all the gaps with seal string/cork sealant, but i am a prommy user so...

pleasure
07-10-2005, 05:18 AM
i wish i could help but i have no experience with vapo's, as for the insulation, I use plenty of dc4, cut a neoprene gasket, and fill all the gaps with seal string/cork sealant, but i am a prommy user so...
Thanks. Fot insulation i am going to use neoprene and sealstring either. I think i could use the mounting plate (used for stock cooler) from the motherboard.

Matt Hirst
10-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Pleasure,

Did you get any further with this?

I have seen a classic for sale for £90 it has been regassed with R404a, just not sure about going for this or watercooling at mo.

Am wanting it for a socket 939 3200 that is used daily, office tasks, but not 24/7 and am just getting into O'clocking this rig so see this as a potential good starting block.

Any info you have on converting the socket a head to a 939 will be appreciated.

regards,

Matt

Jort
10-27-2005, 08:05 AM
this thread belongs in the phase change section i guess:)