PDA

View Full Version : bh-5 memtest problems

xxxAgentxxx
07-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Well, my rig consists of dothan 730, p4c800-e, xms3200LL 512x2 bh-5 @ 210, fresh vsense modded PSU to 3.65 on the 3.3v line, boosting mem to 3.2v.

My problem is when I run memtest, even at a mere 210... i get errors, no freeze / crash. out of 3 complete test runs 67 errors. I am currently in burn in process, so I guess my main question is; is it acceptable while burning in to allow errors, or should I lower fsb even more... I figured 210 would to totally stable 2-2-2-6, and even before the vsense mod was winxp stable @ 215. I hope to god that junk oczbooster I got didn't mess up my bh-5... I used it for a whole 2 hours and noticed it jumping from 3.2 up to 4.0v w/o touching the pot... Anyhow, I'm still letting the test run as I type this (typing from secondary comp) and am wondering, should I underclock it some more to get memtest running 100% error free for burn in, or are a few errors fine, so long as they dont get out of hand?

Another thing, high high do you think 2x512 will go after burn in? Just curious, as the limiting factor to my OC's is now RAM, not CPU...

Thanks for reading,
agent

xxxAgentxxx
07-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks for replying so promptly! haha Anyway, I did a voltage check on the vdimm and noticed its reading 2.86, I was under the impression that the vsense mod would naturally jack the voltages up on the dimms, that was my fault. When radioshack opens up tomorrow I gotta go pick up a 47kohm pot and give her the vdimm mod. Anyhow, atleast I got that 3.3v up to 3.65, allowing me to boost vdimm up in the 3.45-3.6v range without the need of that crap ddr booster.

agent