PDA

View Full Version : mushkin and newegg warranty help!!

FiNcH64
07-02-2005, 04:57 PM
hi guys, i have a big problem/ question :( and i really will appreciate anyone who have experienced this same issue

i bought a pair of mushkin level one pc3500 1gb kit 512mbX2 (ch-5 chips).. and they were working perfectly at 3.5v 260 mhz 2 3 2 6 for the 5 days that i oc to that speed, voltage, latencies..

but then i changed mi processor from a 3200 winchester to a 3200 venice, and when i tried to start my sistem, a failure in the boot sequence of my lanparty appeared..( see my signature to know) after several tests i found that 1 of my memory stick kit was the one that was causing the failure cause it was i guess dead, and the other one works and boots perfectly..

so my question is... I live in Mexico and my warranty is from newegg.. anyone of you knows that if i send my ram kit.. is there any good chance that newegg replace or repairs it?? due to the fact that i put it 3.5 V on the ram for the 5 days that i used that speed.. cause i really try to avoid the 60 DLLS that i need to spend to send newegg my ram and to be with the maybe or maybe not question of the warranty validation and product replace.. :confused:

so i really would appreciate any comment or suggest..

thx a lot :toast:

FiNcH64
07-04-2005, 08:46 PM
anyone??? guys please i really need to know what should i do, a lot of people in this forums buys from newegg someones has to have or had the same problem .. so dont be mad and plz show some charity :toast: :)

i really need my 1gb ram.. cause 512mb really sucks for gaming even on dual channel :slap:

Judaeus Apella
07-04-2005, 09:01 PM
I didn't say anything cause I havn't had an experience like this. I really dont know what to tell you man... all I can think of, is if theres any evidence that you did burn it out from overclocking it, then yes, you voided the warrenty. If it died because its faulty, then they should replace it. If they don't tell them you'll write a bad review about them on several well known sites. :) I saw a post somewhere, where someone did that, hehehe.

eBoy0
07-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Your in luck man :cool: The Mushkin has LIFETIME warranty and 3.5 is still within it's warranty boundaries. I'm like 80% sure your running redline, it's like the only memory that will take 3.5^, see attachment, one of the employees was nice enuff to send it to me via email. BTW i'm running my redline XP4000 at 3.7 ;) So if newegg asks anything tell em that it's withing the warranty, but i highely doubt they'll know/ask what you were running them at.

Badong
07-05-2005, 02:07 PM
You should handle the RMA directly with Mushkin. A way smoother and faster process IMO.
I had a similar case with my Level II Black BH-5 almost a year ago. I contacted Mushkin and received a new pair in about two weeks. Just email them or PM Duonger (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/member.php?userid=15682)

eBoy0
07-05-2005, 03:56 PM
No it is not smoother, i called this morning because i jinxed myself and my memory died. They said do it through newegg because the RMA process at mushkin can take up to 2 weeks. Newegg will have a new pair at my door in about a week.

5-Clicks
07-05-2005, 07:36 PM
call them up and ask if they'll make a special delivery to mexico. i RMA'd my graphics card via newegg about a week ago. all i did was went online and into my newegg account. then i requested an RMA, wrote a short paragraph of what was wrong, and they gave me my RMA number, sent me an e-mail with an RMA barcode in it to put on the box, and i sent it out! it's pretty easy.

the only thing i'd be concerned about is if they can ship it back since you live in mexico. how'd you get it in the first place?

FiNcH64
07-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Your in luck man :cool: The Mushkin has LIFETIME warranty and 3.5 is still within it's warranty boundaries. I'm like 80% sure your running redline, it's like the only memory that will take 3.5^, see attachment, one of the employees was nice enuff to send it to me via email. BTW i'm running my redline XP4000 at 3.7 ;) So if newegg asks anything tell em that it's withing the warranty, but i highely doubt they'll know/ask what you were running them at.

dude, but im not running redline ones :( they are ch-5 level one pc 3500 but anywhere on the box and ram says anything about the voltage support.. and newegg ran out of this ram.. so im sending them hopping they can't check that a big voltage that corrupted some circuit appeared.. :)

FiNcH64
07-06-2005, 08:32 AM
call them up and ask if they'll make a special delivery to mexico. i RMA'd my graphics card via newegg about a week ago. all i did was went online and into my newegg account. then i requested an RMA, wrote a short paragraph of what was wrong, and they gave me my RMA number, sent me an e-mail with an RMA barcode in it to put on the box, and i sent it out! it's pretty easy.

the only thing i'd be concerned about is if they can ship it back since you live in mexico. how'd you get it in the first place?

hi, well i get them trough a friend that sells to me, he lives in monterrey that is in frontier with the u.s.a, so he sometimes travels to california, sandiego,texas etc.. so newegg is fast shipping and send it when he was on u.s.. then he sell it to a friend of mine that i bought it from him, newegg warrantied.. so my friend tell me that this was the process to follow:

send with the rma from guadalajara, mexico to newegg.. then newegg will send it to frontier with mexico, then my friend pass it to monterrey and finally he would send it back to me.. :p:

FiNcH64
07-06-2005, 04:54 PM
You should handle the RMA directly with Mushkin. A way smoother and faster process IMO.
I had a similar case with my Level II Black BH-5 almost a year ago. I contacted Mushkin and received a new pair in about two weeks. Just email them or PM Duonger (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/member.php?userid=15682)

ok thanx bandog, maybe i ask him about the warranty validation too.. so you also applied high voltage and cause you failure with your level 2?? and they replaced you directly with mushkin??

thanx for the info

Badong
07-07-2005, 02:18 AM
so you also applied high voltage and cause you failure with your level 2?? and they replaced you directly with mushkin??
Exactly. Had one of the sticks dead because of the voltage, contacted Mushkin and sent them both sticks. After two weeks, i received a brand new set from them, shipped with FedEx, and without paying anything.
Mushkin provides awesome customer service!