PDA

View Full Version : Abit IS7 motherboard, CPU clock decrease by 50%...

StrikeRTM
07-02-2005, 11:18 AM
CPU is unworkable or has been changed.
I'm getting this error. The CPU should be opperating @ 2.4Ghz. But ever since this error started popping up the clock is @ 1.2ghz. All settings are correct.

It's a P42.4C FSB800 (Northwood) CPU and Abit IS7 motherboard. As far as I understand it's the motherboard that is cousing problems. What could be the exact problem? Has anyone had this kind of a bug/problem? Any solutions?

It could be the DRAM controller that is by foult, but I doubt it. THe FSB is set to 800, but works as 400. DRAM frequency should be 400Mhz, but is 200Mhz, CPU should be 2.4Ghz, but is 1.2Ghz. It's an over clock speed decrease by 50%.

I have not changed anything and haven't done anythign that could have caused this. A while ago something like this happened. There was the 50% clock speed decrease, but wasn't an error. After few restarts and an unistallation of Panda Antiviruss it dissapeared, but now I dont have Panda and I realy doubt that nativiruss software could cause clock speed decrease by 50%...

Solutions i've tried:
Newest BIOS flash - doesnt help
BIOS settings set to deflaut - doesnt help
CLEAR CMOS - doesnt help

Battery is charged, atleast it seems that it is. The motherboard has been working with no problems for quite a long time. Contacts seem to be ok, atleast nothing seems to be disconnected or connected lightly, in few words - cables seem to be ok.

Well thank you if you can help me :).