PDA

View Full Version : DD TDX or Whitewater waterblock?

Him
06-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Which one should i get: The Dangerden TDX or the Whitewater waterblock? Which one performs better? I would prolly be blocking off the third barb on the Whitewater if I got it, so i would only be working with 2 barbs circumventing the problem of the pump being too small. So, whihc one? Price not a matter, they both cost the same.

EDIT: Or the Maze4, throw the Maze4 CPU block into the equation and tell me which you would get.

RaptorRaider
06-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Maze4 CPU is old. Don't get it.
TDX is a good, relatively unrestrictive, decent performing block.
Whitewater performs slightly better than the TDX, but is more restrictive and has 3 barbs.

Him
06-28-2005, 11:04 AM
I am going to block off one of the barbs and only use two, so in that case, which one? The TDX or Whitewater?

RaptorRaider
06-28-2005, 11:07 AM
The Whitewater was designed to use all 3 barbs; I think that when blocking one you'd get a noticeable performance loss so you should get a TDX.

Him
06-28-2005, 11:09 AM
noticeable, eh? Well than, I'm going to go with the TDX. Quick question on the three barbs though... If I did get that, and connected my T line to one of the end barbs (as opposed to having it an active part of my cooling system) would that work? If it was on the center barb, I can see the water just always staying there getting all warm and stagnant. Am I right? Or does it not work like that?

MaxxxRacer
06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
there would be stagant water in that one barb yes.. but if u got the WW to cover up the middle barb u would be defeating the purpose of hte block entirely and it would NOT perform anywhere near its design specs.

Him
06-28-2005, 11:27 AM
:poke: Well, what about having the T line on one of the outer barbs? Still hit the same stagnant problem? :poke:

MaxxxRacer
06-28-2005, 12:13 PM
horrible stagnant problem based on the way the blocks designed. its worse when u close up one of the side barbs...

just forget about the WW for now. besides the G4 is coming to retail... who needs the WW when u got the G4..

Him
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
That is true. When the G4 comes, the whitewater will be but a distant fading memory. I decided on the TDX, and the order has been put in for it. Cant wait to get it, I will have evrything and I can FINALLY build my computer. I've had my motherboard for over a month. Not installed, just chillin, next to my bed, starting at me, mocking me, knowing I couldnt install it. Well, the time draws near. NUTS TO YOU, MOTHERBOARD!