PDA

View Full Version : Prometia vs Vapochill PE

Player0
12-20-2002, 12:03 PM
I'm sure this question has already been asked a dozen times here, but I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts yet. Anyway, I was thinking of purchasing a Vapochill PE (is that the right name?) or the Prometia after xmas.

Which one is better (cooler & quieter?) I think from what I read, the Prometia is still the best unit for cooling the Athlon. What happen when Hammer comes out though? Will I be able to use any of these products on a Hammer board?

TIA

Umgawa
12-20-2002, 12:07 PM
The prometeia gets colder and is a fine machine. The pe is a tad cheaper and a fine machine. No one really knows about the hammer yet. Most likely they will work if the socket is turned the right way on the MB. My opinion is that the prometeia gets the nod. I think its a little more heavy duty. Oh yea prometeia is pretty quiet. No louder than an air cooled system with moderate fans.:)

Player0
12-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Great...i think ill wait for the aluminum one... :)

JupiterSSJ4
12-21-2002, 12:00 PM
I really want to get one of those Prometeias. I wish I had like 500 bucks though. It'd be great for my Duron 1GHz and my soon to be (for Christmas) Athlon XP 2100+.

Player0
12-21-2002, 12:07 PM
$500? I wish heh :)

I found out you can get the LianLi 6x case and the white prometia bottom unit today. And then you can upgrade to the aluminum side panels later so it all matches :)

Hua Luo Han
12-22-2002, 12:58 AM
I wanted a prometeia but Chip-con and gang don ship to my country (here using 230VAC), so in the end ordered a Vapochil PE instead.......now waiting for it to arrive. :p

Tedinde
12-22-2002, 11:17 AM
I've had no problems with the vapo PE i've had for about 3 weeks. 24/7. But the prometeia get's colder is i've seen every where. I cant hear this vapochill with fan's set @ 60%. I only lose 1 celsius compared to 100% fan.

I missed the prometeia boat for pre order the first time around.

Drozdov
12-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Prometeia consumes a lot more electricity than Vapochill....read OPP's review on the Vapochill and you'll know what i mean :D

MrIcee
12-23-2002, 03:54 PM
I'll tell ya about my experience with electricity usage: it's not a major factor in real life. My electric bill has been $150 a month for the last few years. I've been running my 10,000BTU chiller the last year..and my Prometeia the last 5 months daily...and my bill is still $150 a month...so don't get hung up on power usage too much. It's impact is not as dramatic as it looks.:)

Randi:D