PDA

View Full Version : Any PCI Express x4 video card??

hht5555
06-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Hello,

You guys know any PCI Express x4 video card? Not regular x16. I'm looking for extra video card which fits in x4 slot.

Thanks in advance for your time & help.

Regards

Turok
06-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Hello,

You guys know any PCI Express x4 video card? Not regular x16. I'm looking for extra video card which fits in x4 slot.

Thanks in advance for your time & help.

Regards

I dont think PCI Express 4x, 2x, and 1x will be used for video.
I think they are going to be used as PCI slots for the future, were you can conect audio cards, lan cards, wireless cards, etc.

W0nderb0y
06-27-2005, 07:19 PM
nothing out now that physically fits in an x4 connector. if you want an extra card, look for a pci fx5700le. thats your best bet.

darksparkz
06-27-2005, 09:01 PM
You'll have to dig really far into old old video cards for a 4x connection. They'll probably make new motherboards with 1x-4x connections as Turok said, for lan, sound, and etc. Mainly because of less pressure on the board itself, therefore more stabilty and higher voltage.

W0nderb0y
06-28-2005, 06:29 AM
uhh, he means pci-e 4x, not agp4x. its a tiny connection, and no video cards use it.

IYP
06-29-2005, 01:23 PM
physics processing units are suposed to be a 4x pci-e card (yes ppu lol) cant wait till they come out cuz it will free up cpu cycles and be able to do 30,000-40,000 physical operations instead of 30-40

ferrari_freak
06-30-2005, 10:52 AM
nothing out now that physically fits in an x4 connector. if you want an extra card, look for a pci fx5700le. thats your best bet.

Agreed.

Usama aka Ferrari Freak

turtle
06-30-2005, 01:26 PM
I would imagine in the future when SLI and Crossfire boards have more pci-e slots/lanes and all the bugs are worked out we'll see see 4x and maybe even 2x "daughter" cards from ATi, and maybe even Nvidia (if future Nvidia boards support SLI for more than two cards.) We already know Crossfire can support more than two cards...So i'd imagine at some point you'll be able to add lesser cards to help the two main gfx cards and cpu with specific operations, if not just adding a small increase to it's overall ability.

If the ppu is even remotely successful, I don't see why nvidia and ati wouldn't want a chunk of that pie. I'm sure they'll conjure up SLI/Crossfire "Xtreme" or something. :p:

It's true though. At the current time all the lesser slots seem to be stated for are things that could be regular pci, but are being ported over to 1x pci-e.