PDA

View Full Version : Clear the air around GEIL TCCD SAMPLES

targ
06-26-2005, 02:28 AM
i hear there has been some comments made about the vailitly of the Geil samples as they are hand picked ics.

yes they are, and we arent trying to hind the fact,

Spec of the module:
GeIL One TCCD (Geil fan club edition)
Hand Picked Top 30 percent TCCD IC
DDR600
2.5-7-4-4
2.6-2.85v

Retail GeIL one will be different
probably 2.5-7-4-4 2.85v DDR600

Make sure you mention about "Geil Fan Club Sample"
Do not confuse reader.

thats from steven, our man in geil. as u can see, the only major difference between the fan club edition and the retail version is the voltage required. as u may see ianocean reporting DDR600 @ 2.6v, well for all possible geil customers out there, just allow for the fact and set up buy will possibly need a little more voltage to reach the same speeds.

i hope this clears up any confussion that anyone may have about the Geil test procedure. all the geil fan club members *should* be saying at the begining of all threads that it is fan club edition ram, and what difference that makes. and if they are not, we are all very sorry for the confusion.

now lets all get back to benching and overclocking like we should be, we are overclockers not politicians.

cheers
targ

Edit, before any more confussion "Hand Picked Top 30 percent TCCD IC" regards the entire geil one series, not just the fan club samples.

so all geil one garentees top 30% TCCD.

death metal
06-26-2005, 02:34 AM
all the geil fan club members *should* be saying at the begining of all threads that it is fan club edition ram, and what difference that makes.

err, ok, I am not very much updated about any issue about geil, so is this about purchasing a specific geil ram model? how do i go about buying a "fan club" sample on a regular store who may not know what I am talking about?

targ
06-26-2005, 02:40 AM
the issue is around the new Geil ONE, which uses TCCD. rated as above.

the fan club sample are the ones sent out to the fan club, eg a few reviewers, and a few overclockers.

the fan club samples will NOT be avaible to buy.

a few ppl took issue with both the rating and the fact the reviewers had a *special edition*, so i am just letting ppl know what this special edition is and the differences.

and as u can see, there is no real term difference, as we can all proved 2.8 vdim, so we can all get the same speeds, reviewers and customers alike.

targ

Th3__W00T_GuY__
06-26-2005, 03:46 AM
could u tell me when and where they'll be available in Europe?

poiuy223
06-26-2005, 11:30 AM
basically this "special fan club edition" comes from the following process:

1. top 30% of GeIL purchased TCCD ICs
2. all those 30% chips are made into GeIL One
3. "special fan clube edition" is then handpicked out of all those sticks and given to us.

heck, a buyer might even be lucky enough to get a set that overclocks better than ours. and this is to clear up the confusion or rumors that a certain group of people have been spreading.

Playful_Buffalo
06-26-2005, 12:58 PM
any idea on when they hit stores?

poiuy223
06-26-2005, 01:09 PM
no specific date or timeframe was given, but i suppose soon. the samples are out so production should have started.

ChongL
06-28-2005, 07:07 AM
looks like i'll be grabbing some sticks :)