PDA

View Full Version : what is the best cooling

faruquehabib
12-19-2002, 06:29 PM
i am building my own case and want to build my own water cooling system, but i dont know too much about it. what are the best parts available for water cooling and still look really nice (my case is gonna be translucent. thanks

antipop
12-21-2002, 02:46 PM
IMO the best waterblock is the white river, http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4964
Then i'd say an eheim 1048 or 1250, a big heatercore and some tygon tubing

Craig
12-21-2002, 06:40 PM
Best pump for uber preformance would be a Iwaki MD-20 RLZT but they are quite expensive at around $140.00. eXtreme high pressure though (23" of head) 3-4X most pumps used.

The White Water is the best of all performance blocks now on the market. But if building a all plexi case you may wish to go with the TC-4 as the White Water is all copper and the TC-4 has a plexi top and is also a pretty high performer.

edit: Iwaki pumps are however VERY large and many cases can't take them inside. I"m looking at a PC76 for next build for this reason:)

antipop
12-22-2002, 02:14 AM
Some test where made with the white water andthe temp difference is minimal between the eheim 1048 and 1250, only like a 0.3°C

dmitriyaz
12-22-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Craig
Best pump for uber preformance would be a Iwaki MD-20 RLZT but they are quite expensive at around $140.00. eXtreme high pressure though (23" of head) 3-4X most pumps used.

The White Water is the best of all performance blocks now on the market. But if building a all plexi case you may wish to go with the TC-4 as the White Water is all copper and the TC-4 has a plexi top and is also a pretty high performer.

edit: Iwaki pumps are however VERY large and many cases can't take them inside. I"m looking at a PC76 for next build for this reason:)
i bought an Iwaki MD-30rzt,
the POS is damned loud, i'm getting rid of it :(
i wasted $60 on it (used) because i, too, thought it was "da shytte".
wanna buy it? :stick: