PDA

View Full Version : A vendor says silver Nichicon caps are rare. Accurate?

keiths
12-19-2002, 11:36 AM
My question:

"Thank you for your prompt response. I have a question regarding the upgrades. Could you verify
whether these motherboards have silver Nichicon or black Rubycon capacitors? The consensus from
KX7-333 owners in the online hardware community is to avoid KX7s with the black Rubycon capacitors."

The response:

"Dear customer,

Nichicon is a rarity in ABIT's production, so we can not guarantee what
brand of capacitors are used. Nevertheless, we can assure you they are
all reliable."

I've read the post about the bad black capacitors and this vendor is essentially saying that I'm most likely to get the black caps when purchasing a kx7. Is this accurate? Can I be assured they're reliable regardless of caps as he's saying? Are some black cap boards good? Not all bad?

Tweaked!
12-19-2002, 11:55 AM
Then I would steer clear of that vender, if their too lazy to go back and check their stock then they aren't worth doing business with. Plus the fact that your inquiry is acknowledging that you're aware of the problem with the certain capacitors, and their response is just trying to smooth you over without answering your question directly acknowledges to me that they more than likely aren't even aware of it, or that they are and refuse to admit that's what they have in stock. It really doesn't matter if the black caps are bad or not, that's not the question you asked them. So they did not answer you in the manner you requested. Before you purchase anything from a vender like this, just make sure you double check them on resellersratings.com.:)

Liquid3D
12-27-2002, 04:27 PM
In fact I'd reprint that Q&A post in the "comments" section at Reseller Ratings when/if you do a review on that reseller!

PS: I should pull out my KX7-333 and check the Capacitors myself, out of curiosity.