PDA

View Full Version : Need a step by step newbie PC building guide

GloryField
06-21-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm not a total newb, but I've never built b4 (i've watched).
Does anyone know of a guide (link) that takes it step by step? Like what to install first, how to mount heat sinks, how to mount motherbird. I know some basics though (installed my dvd-rw, hdd, and vid card myself 2 years ago).

Athlon 64 w/ XP-90 + panaflo h1b, Arctic silver 5
dfi ut lanparty nf4 ultra-d
2sticks of ram
x800xl
hitachi sata II
Antec sonata II

Thanks

perkam
06-21-2005, 02:23 PM
There ya go: http://www.pcworld.com/resource/browse/0,cat,1683,sortIdx,1,src,ov,pg,1,00.asp?src=ink .

Many of them there for you to look at if one guide isnt for you. But yea, this one here is a good start:

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,55674,00.asp

And btw, :welcome: Welcome To Xtremesystems :welcome: , hope you'll stay even after you build your rig :up:

Perkam

[XC] leviathan18
06-21-2005, 02:46 PM
there is no way you can fail is very easy every thing have just one way to fit so is just common sense more than practice (Y) hope you have some fun building it

Chris27
06-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Its actually a very easy thing to do. Everything pretty much just clicks into place and its not like you can plug something into a wrong slot and fry your hardware. The hard part is troubleshooting if something goes wrong :) but thats what were here for :p:

IYP
06-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Welcome To Xtremesystems

and yeah building a computer is a very simple thing....but then again it shouldent be taken to lightly your dealing with expensive stuff....a few ground rules are always wear you anti-static wristband...dont force anything(most things go in with very little force) keep that in mind and use common sense and youll be fine

GloryField
06-21-2005, 10:21 PM
thx for the welcomes guys. I'm here to stay :) Wish I found out about xtremessystems earlier though. I was googling for twinmos utt ram and found here, previously always went to anandtech for pc stuff.

i'm bsically jsut most worrid about motherboard/heatsink mounts. I remember watching some guy put some electric tape between the mobo and the mounting hole. Do i need to do that?