PDA

View Full Version : stuck on 1.2ghz....

the_mistah
06-20-2005, 06:46 PM
i have a 3000+semprom 2.0ghz....i was trying to overclock it but it crashed i got it running again by clearing the cmos jumper...its running fine now but the only problem is that i cant change nothing in the bios menu it wont save the settings i want.... :slapass: PLEASE HELP!!

amd semprom 3000+2.0ghz
k7n2 delta L
1gig of ram
radeon x700pro

the_mistah
06-20-2005, 08:55 PM
no answers??

rcofell
06-20-2005, 09:15 PM
It would probably be better to post this in the AMD section, under hardware......

MeltedDuron
07-01-2005, 03:21 PM
i think i might know the problem, the thing is that when you clear the CMOS, it will usually load failsafe defaults, so that everything will work while you try and find out what the problem is; failsafe defaults usually underclock your hardware so it is more stable, a quick way to get around this is to look for something like "load optimised defaults", activate that and save the changes to the CMOS (usually hittting F10 will do the trick), then all your hardware *should* be running at stock.
And rcofell, this isn't an AMD specific problem, and the XOC FAQ is there to help everyone with their questions, that we might have heard a thousand times before, but they genuinely don't know so be nice and try to help(we were all new once).