PDA

View Full Version : I hate those kind of guy

antipop
12-19-2002, 03:30 AM
Yesterday, i was telling how i fried 2 cpu in 2 days. I told them that i was an oc'er, so one guy asked me what my voltages were. I answered that it was a mere 1.85 and he told me that i killed them because the voltage was way too high (i've an amd and i know that it's voltage hungry). He told me that i didn't had proper cooling to cool those chips at this voltage, i told him that i had enough cooling and i was even considering a vmod and that he knew nothing about it (i mean if i don't have proper cooling then what is it). It start bragging about how he added a 70W peltier to an old k7. I later told him that i wasn't using peltier because it was too expensive and that you need a special psu for it, he told me it wasn't a problem for him as he has a 450W enermax. I end up saying nothing because the guy really hadn't a clue about what he was saying and sometimes it's easier to shut up than trying to convince people

ps i killed my cpu by crushing one and by a failed unlocking trial and my TBird has been running a year at 1.85 without any problem

Roman79
01-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by antipop
...sometimes it's easier to shut up than trying to convince people

Yes, especially stupid people like that. My favorite thing is pretending that I'm interested in what they're saying and encourage them to tell you more stories of their 70W peltier conquests :rolleyes:
I can almost guarantee within 5 mins they will say something so wrong that everyone in the room will realize they're full of it :D

Edit for spelling

IFMU
01-02-2003, 12:48 AM
LoL, come on now. Yea know as well as the rest of us that its just tooooo great running into these genius'. I mean come on now! They have to know so much they cant know it all.

Please note sarcasm here!!~!!
And the only real good reason to run into these enbred morons is to we know that we actually know more then them! LoL

antipop
01-02-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Roman79

I can almost guarantee within 5 mins they will say something so wrong that everyone in the room will realize they're full of it :D
Nobody except me was understanding what he was saying so he could have said the dumbest thing about no one would have realized
He told me that the L2 cache in the xp was voltage sensitive and that i just have to look at the statistic on the internet to know that anything above normal vcore will kill my cpu:D

Roman79
01-02-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by antipop

He told me that the L2 cache in the xp was voltage sensitive and that i just have to look at the statistic on the internet to know that anything above normal vcore will kill my cpu:D

BAHAHAHAHA!!!
OMG!!

Stop it you're killing me :D

antipop
01-02-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Roman79
BAHAHAHAHA!!!
OMG!!

Stop it you're killing me :D That's a 100% true and everybody in the school thinks he's a computer's god.

Attitudx
01-02-2003, 10:34 AM
LOL that is me I talk and I dont know nothing er.... I mean no i love those kind of people I am not in anyway a genius but I know my around a bit hardware and putting together wise I am still learning ocing stuff but when someone comes across with someting outta the blue I embarass them and say what is that really possible or ask if they are talking out there butt again.

gobbo
01-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Just remember - Never Argue with Idiots, they jsut take you down to their levle and beat you on experiance!

OneFastFord
01-05-2003, 07:04 PM
a closed mouth gathers no foot....

Charlie

SBeaver
02-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Allways pretend like you are stupid and don't care about computers at all when talking to someone who doesn't know as much as you and is bragging about how much he knows about computers

antipop
02-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Few people in my school knows that i know that much in comp, i don't like to brag a lot