View Full Version : RAM Dilema

06-18-2005, 02:30 PM

I've got the chance to trade my Dane-Elec 512MB PC3200 for OCZ EL 2x 256MB PC3500 with perhaps a little cash down on my side. I'm still running an nForce 2 setup so I know that in the near future if I pick up a stick of OCZ EL 512MB PC3500 to go with the two sticks it'll be fine.

I've heard however there can be a few problems with A64 and 3 sticks of RAM, I don't want to cause any problems when I go 64bit. Is this trade worth it or should I just wait and pay the £35 for another stick of what I have in the future?


06-18-2005, 02:32 PM
If your going to stay nf2 for quite some time yet, go for the dual channel. If you plan on going to A64 in the near future, then keep what you have and add another stick later.

06-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the input, anyone else have any thoughts?