PDA

View Full Version : Ram cooling

KamiCrazy
06-16-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs to this forum but here we go,

I've got a DFI lanparty ut nf4 sli-dr (yeah who doesn't) mounted in a mid-tower case.

I've also got an xp-120 cooling my winnie at the moment.

Now yesterday my order of a pair of bling bling ocz pc 3200 gold arrived and I'm kind of stumped in how I can active cool it.

The ram sits right underneath my enermax noise taker and about 2 slots sit underneath the xp-120.

Will the cpu fan be enough to cool slot 4? and while the noise taker will be sucking air from one side of slot 2, I don't think theres enough air movement on the other side of slot 2. However there ins't really any room to add any other fans to be placed over slot 2 due to the enormous size of the xp-120.

What to do?

Major
06-16-2005, 08:04 PM
welcome to XtremeSystems KamiCrazy !! :toast:

You should be fine with the XP120 moving air across the ram, It really depends on what kind of voltage you end up having to give them. Most TCC? only require 2.6-2.7v for OC even at 280mhz+. At that Vdimm you will be fine.

If you do have to crank up the Vdimm to hit high HTT, then you may want to consider a high cfm fan on the xp120 if your not already using one.

Once again glad to have you here ! ;)

Major

Eldonko
06-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Welcome :) Check this thread (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47413) for some ideas.