PDA

View Full Version : Just got it!

shray
12-18-2002, 01:06 PM
I ordered from sidewinder a sk7 and a 50cfm sunon fan.
Omg this heatsink looks so cool!.
It came in 2 days after i ordered it.
But im wondering...

Ok i matched up the clips with the fan..
so they fit...
but im wonderin what are those little plastic pads and that little plastic thingy. Im not gonna use the plastic sqaure adhesive but in place ill use my arctic silver..
Where do the little rubber rectangular strips go?

Kurrurrin
12-18-2002, 02:47 PM
the pads go in the corners because the heatsink doesn't hit the pads on the actual chip. I have an SLK-800 and thats what you need to put on the corners to keep from crushing the core or unbalancing the heatsink on the chip. Not sure if that applies to the sk7, but there ya go.

shray
12-18-2002, 02:53 PM
got a pic?

Kurrurrin
12-18-2002, 07:07 PM
I do not, but I know I have seen review sites with them, let me see if I can find you a link here...

Kurrurrin
12-18-2002, 07:13 PM
Hrmmm, actually, you should be fine. I just got a look at the sk7's underside and it looks like you shouldn't need it. A pic comparison of the 2 (slk-800 and the sk7) is here. (http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/ThermalRight_SK7/1008.html) So I don't think you will actually be needing those little pads. However, if you want to be safe, you might want to stick those little circle pads in the corners of the bottom plate, or at least make sure that the heatsink base hits each of the spacers on the CPU. Good luck :)