PDA

View Full Version : bios flashing

Attitudx
12-18-2002, 11:50 AM
ok i have a question? i think I flashed or fully didnt flash a correct bios. my hd light blinks when no activity and now I am seeing on restarts umm it wont restart. How can I clear the bios totally just take out the battery and leave it for a bit or can I use the jumpers and clear the cmos to get rid of what I messed up

KnightElite
12-18-2002, 03:31 PM
If you flashed a bad BIOS, your only option is to get a new BIOS chip. If you just want to clear the CMOS settings, that's what the clear CMOS jumper is for. But when you get a new BIOS, the computer actually burns new traces into the BIOS chip.

Smizack
12-18-2002, 10:04 PM
If you had a bad flash, you'd probably not boot back up.

To clear cmos. Move jumper to Clear. Hit power button. Nothing happens. Replace jumper. Hit power. Your flashed, go into the bios and set it up.

Attitudx
12-19-2002, 05:13 AM
ok i did that same problem I think what happen was I just didnt flash correctly, ie start up disk just tried booting from a floppy that had the award flash program on it and i dont beleive it flashed correctly due to the fact that the bios still reads 6/09/200 so I shall get the right one I know know what it is and try that of course in my ignorance, I may bring over my comp smiz and let him stay the night withcha