06-15-2005, 02:10 PM
LOL that is just insane. Wonder what how many gallons per mile it does :D

G

funkflix
06-16-2005, 02:08 AM
But it looks so :down:

perry_78
06-16-2005, 03:05 PM
I like a normal calibra, I fint this monster quite sweet :)

SewerSide
06-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Funny how there is 7 second and 6 second street legal cars in America and other countries. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I saw someone claim the "fastest car in the world" title.

Rippthrough
06-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Saw this running a while back, the man said there is probably a bit more to come too.

MaxxxRacer
06-18-2005, 07:26 PM
um.. they never said the top speed..

lalPOOO
06-19-2005, 07:02 AM
1/4 mile in 8.14 sec @ 174mph

0 - 60 in 1.25 sec

Is top speed really neccesary?

amduser
06-19-2005, 07:16 AM
it is, cause there is somethink called aerodynamic ...

Frederik
06-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Insane times, but 11.5l???
The comparison between a F1 and this car ends already right there,

F1: almost 300Hp/L
This car: 121,7hp/l wich is still more than my car;)

if I could choose between this car and a db9, my choice will be made within 1.25 seconds... ;)

SewerSide
06-19-2005, 08:09 PM
um.. they never said the top speed..

By 'fastest car' they really mean, Fastest 1/4 Mile time.
Which isnt true, as there are 6 and 7 second 1/4 mile street cars. :fact:

Vandread
06-19-2005, 11:27 PM
By 'fastest car' they really mean, Fastest 1/4 Mile time.
Which isnt true, as there are 6 and 7 second 1/4 mile street cars. :fact:
Like morpheus says... "Show me"

Jayw28
06-27-2005, 08:29 PM
that car is insane...... but not practical at all

Platform
06-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Nice........But have a look at this factory made :D

www.koenigsegg.com Worlds fastest production car :slobber:

Korpse
06-28-2005, 12:13 AM
i want one

mums,dad,grandparents watch urselves cos im out of a crime spree to get one :lol:

Rukee
06-28-2005, 04:47 AM
they call it the fastest car because it won:
- Street car champion in 1999, 2001, 2002 and 2003.

- World Street Race Champion 2005 (held in America), making it world’s fastest streetcar

If there was a faster car at those events, it didn`t win.

I`d say it`s just a bit faster then my stock `65 GTO. :B

Jamo
06-28-2005, 05:51 AM
that car is not street legal, i bet the claimed figure of 0 - 60 in 1.25 it said was done on racing rubber, there is no street tyres that would give you that grip and as such is not street legal in the uk at least, so if you ask me its not a street car, i'd like to see a dyno at '1400bhp' as two letters spring to mind if you ask me

Rukee
06-28-2005, 09:40 AM
They use tires like these. (http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=egnsearch.asp&Ntt=MTT%2D3754+&N=0+300951&autoview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch) They`re department of transportation aproved, but I dunno if I would run them on the street.

shmaa
06-28-2005, 10:19 AM
that car is not street legal, i bet the claimed figure of 0 - 60 in 1.25 it said was done on racing rubber, there is no street tyres that would give you that grip and as such is not street legal in the uk at least, so if you ask me its not a street car, i'd like to see a dyno at '1400bhp' as two letters spring to mind if you ask me

1400hp is not hard to believe at all out of a 11.5 liter V8.... There are inline-6 powered Toyota Supra's in that power range.

Street legal is also a very loose term in that sport. Pretty much that just means it COULD be driven to the track... rather than brought in on a trailer... doesn't mean that it does or ever will.

Rukee
06-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Some tracks ever require a road cruise that covers a # of miles to be able to run in a street class. They must also have all the working lights and blinkers, though that would be easy enough, I would think the noise made CruZZin down the road would be the hardest thing to get by Mr. PoliceOfficer.

Jamo
06-28-2005, 03:36 PM
They use tires like these. (http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=egnsearch.asp&Ntt=MTT%2D3754+&N=0+300951&autoview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch) They`re department of transportation aproved, but I dunno if I would run them on the street.

they may be street legal in us but not uk, you have to have 1.6mm+ groove depth otherwise its an illegal tyre, as i've said before there is no street rubber that would give that sort of grip

1400hp is not hard to believe at all out of a 11.5 liter V8.... There are inline-6 powered Toyota Supra's in that power range.

i'd like you to show me a 1400bhp supra, and even then thats what the owner 'claims' i've only ever seen the dyno results of 1 1000+bhp car and that was of a skyline and the guy had spent £40,000 on the engine alone, yet even with its 4wd and traction gizmo's he only pushed 60 in just under 2.5 seconds with NOS, yet the guy with the 2wd 'street legal' calibra reckons he pushes 60 in half that, i call BS, i'm sorry but theres no way he could get that much power to the floor in that time, i wish i had this guys msn cos i'd be firing him some clutch/engine questions to see if he really is pushing 1400bhp

if u think i'm p*ssing on this guys parade then fair do's but even my dad whos been a car mechanic since 1970 says theres no way hes pushing that much power out of a road legal car and my dads even put the same 11 liter chevy V8 in a corvette stingray for a guy, theres 3 things i want to know before i believe the guy, 1 is about what clutch hes using, second is what turbos/boost hes using and if he really is running 'street' fuel

zabomb4163
06-28-2005, 03:52 PM
irregardless.....he won the championship several times in a row.

Micutzu
06-28-2005, 04:10 PM
1400HP out of a nitrous-injected 11.5L V8 isn't even very much ... let alone unbelieveable. Hell, there are stock street cars that do that kind of HP/L without supercharger/turbo and definetely without nitrous. But i must admit, that 0-60 in 1.5s is outstanding ... obviously done on drag tyres, and probably the fact that the stock Calibra is way lighter than a stock Supra or Skyline must mean something.

it is, cause there is somethink called aerodynamic ...

Aerodinamics says the Calibra still is the car with the lowest stock Cx, 0.26.

NeGe0
06-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I got a video of a 1100hp grand national. You can see the turbo's sticking out side of the hood :).

Platform
06-29-2005, 03:35 AM

Anyway....who would drive one on the street
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Rukee
06-29-2005, 04:07 AM
Anyway....who would drive one on the street
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Eveyone in that class in order to race in the street class. Check out the photo gallary, you can see them on their 25 mile cruise, reading the artical, they all have to come back from the road cruzz under thier own power in order to race.

shmaa
06-29-2005, 07:29 AM
i'd like you to show me a 1400bhp supra
Crappy sound quality...
http://www.cas.uc.edu/~smithmd/TopGear/marko1520whp.mov

i've only ever seen the dyno results of 1 1000+bhp car

Not a supra....but this is so you can say you've seen the results of 2 1000+bhp cars.
http://www.cas.uc.edu/~smithmd/TopGear/DynoPeg.wmv

And my favorite supra:
http://highboost.com/movies/TitanRace/TitanPromoInternetHigh.wmv

Master_G
06-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Those are some damn cool vids, nice post shmaa!

G

Cossey
06-29-2005, 09:12 AM
almost everything about that car is illegal in the uk, almost all of the drag tyres even the treaded ones arent e marked so arent legal. the exhaust have 2 pathways one with silencers and one without, the car wont run anywhere near that power with the silencers. also nitrous is illegal for road use in the uk and you shouldnt pass a mot even if the bottle is connected. i respect them for being able to make the cars that fast but they really arent road cars, also fast means maximum speed so would be beaten by several supercars but they certainly quicker than any production car.

Jamo
06-29-2005, 09:51 AM
almost everything about that car is illegal in the uk, almost all of the drag tyres even the treaded ones arent e marked so arent legal. the exhaust have 2 pathways one with silencers and one without, the car wont run anywhere near that power with the silencers. also nitrous is illegal for road use in the uk and you shouldnt pass a mot even if the bottle is connected. i respect them for being able to make the cars that fast but they really arent road cars, also fast means maximum speed so would be beaten by several supercars but they certainly quicker than any production car.

and the ironic thing is its registered in the UK, oh the irony

your spot on there cossey exept you can actually run NOS on road, BUT you have to be insured for it and legally you have to have a 'oxidising agent' warning sticker on the car, like those you see on vans, as well as an isolated cut off switch, however in practise i dont know of anyone who actually has the first 2 and i know of 4 road cars that have been NOS'ed cos my dads worked on them (mechanic) an R33 skyline, clio V6, starlet gt turbo and a saxo vts :rolleyes: which he blew the engine apart within a week, despite numerous warnings from my dad he shouldnt run NOS on the standard internals

there nice vids shmaa, i wouldnt run my supra without an air filter tho....if i had one of course, i wish i could make out the pc screen tho, i love the 'stang and the flames coming from the downpipe :clap: the last supra posts one hell of a 1/4mile time

Rukee
06-29-2005, 10:29 AM
and i know of 4 road cars that have been NOS'ed cos my dads worked on them (mechanic) an R33 skyline, clio V6, starlet gt turbo and a saxo vts :rolleyes: which he blew the engine apart within a week, despite numerous warnings from my dad he shouldnt run NOS on the standard internals

NOS can be run on standard internals if set up and used properly. I know cause my dad`s not a mechanic, but I am. ;)

shmaa
06-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Not to be anal... but NOS is a brand... unless the actual brand "NOS" is used.. it shouldn't be called NOS... nitrous oxide... n2o... nitrous... juice... spray.. call it whatever you want, just don't call it NOS.. :( the fast & furious is to blame for this :slapass:

Rukee
06-29-2005, 10:52 AM
by NOS I ment 'nitious oxide', not the brand, however, the brand NOS nitrious oxide kits can be run in standard internals as well if the right kit is properly installed and opperated.

shmaa
06-29-2005, 11:42 AM
by NOS I ment 'nitious oxide', not the brand, however, the brand NOS nitrious oxide kits can be run in standard internals as well if the right kit is properly installed and opperated.

Yup... almost any car should be able to handle up to a 55 shot without any engine work... even small 4-cyclinders... a large V8 can usually handle a 75 - 100 shot without any modifications... anything beyond that would require fuel system upgrades at the very least.

Anarki
06-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Would my 1.1 peugeot handle Nitrous Oxide? :ROTF:

Seriously though, I want an induction kit, are they for Normally aspirated engines as well?

Jamo
06-29-2005, 02:39 PM
NOS can be run on standard internals if set up and used properly. I know cause my dad`s not a mechanic, but I am. ;)

ok then mate, i'd like to see you run a 75 shot of NOS on a 1.6 8v citroen saxo VTS, first thing to blow would be head gasket as there just pathetic excuses for gaskets they use, they dont even use a multi laminate HG, installing nitrous on anything under a 2 litre without modification is just an accident waiting to happen

Yup... almost any car should be able to handle up to a 55 shot without any engine work... even small 4-cyclinders... a large V8 can usually handle a 75 - 100 shot without any modifications... anything beyond that would require fuel system upgrades at the very least.

which are we actually talking about here? a wet shot or direct port injection? a wet shot you'd probably get away with but direct port puts a hell of a lot more stress on the engine and the fuel system certainly wouldnt be the first thing i'd do

Would my 1.1 peugeot handle Nitrous Oxide?

Seriously though, I want an induction kit, are they for Normally aspirated engines as well??

lol, well i wouldnt put it on if i had a pugger, perhaps a trip to rukee's garage is in order as he seems to think you can whack it straight on, as for the induction kit yeah you should be able to put that on no problem

Anarki
06-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't want Nitrious on my 106 anyway mate it was a joke, lol.

Image me in Bristol with meh K reg Pug 1.1, and flames coming out the exhaust :rolleyes:

I looked on google for air filters and induction kits. I can get a K&N air filter no prob, but my car isn't an injection so an induction kit seems a bit.. impossible!

Looks like I'm gonna have to bear with my car @ stock, until I get my years no claims :cool:

Jamo
06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't want Nitrious on my 106 anyway mate it was a joke, lol.

Image me in Bristol with meh K reg Pug 1.1, and flames coming out the exhaust :rolleyes:

I looked on google for air filters and induction kits. I can get a K&N air filter no prob, but my car isn't an injection so an induction kit seems a bit.. impossible!

Looks like I'm gonna have to bear with my car @ stock, until I get my years no claims :cool:

lol, flames out the zorst, someones been playing a little too much NFS :) my bad, i assumed it would be an injection seen as most cars are so yeah your right you can only put a k and n bolt on filter on it really, altho you change the carb or bang 2 on but perhaps now were dreaming on the t'old pugger, my mate had one similar a 105 'mardi gras' :rolleyes: was slow as hell but he managed to write it off :stick:

Anarki
06-29-2005, 03:24 PM
lol, my mate had a 1.2 Clio that he wrote off, I unfortunatly was in the car, 50MPH around a roundabout in teh wet on digestive sized wheels :stick:

Car landed sideways in a ditch at 11PM at nite, and bizzarly an unmarked copper was driving behind us, my mate had drunk 2 pints, what a bad nite that was!

Still got the statement form from the police, I will try and dig it out :)

Cossey
06-30-2005, 12:01 AM
and the ironic thing is its registered in the UK, oh the irony

your spot on there cossey exept you can actually run NOS on road, BUT you have to be insured for it and legally you have to have a 'oxidising agent' warning sticker on the car, like those you see on vans, as well as an isolated cut off switch, however in practise i dont know of anyone who actually has the first 2 and i know of 4 road cars that have been NOS'ed cos my dads worked on them (mechanic) an R33 skyline, clio V6, starlet gt turbo and a saxo vts :rolleyes: which he blew the engine apart within a week, despite numerous warnings from my dad he shouldnt run NOS on the standard internals

there nice vids shmaa, i wouldnt run my supra without an air filter tho....if i had one of course, i wish i could make out the pc screen tho, i love the 'stang and the flames coming from the downpipe :clap: the last supra posts one hell of a 1/4mile time

ive been told that while it is legal to carry it, it isnt legal to have it plumbed in. however it is a grey area as there seems to be no specific law against it and no law saying it is ok.

Jamo
06-30-2005, 03:17 AM
ive been told that while it is legal to carry it, it isnt legal to have it plumbed in. however it is a grey area as there seems to be no specific law against it and no law saying it is ok.

very true, so follow the rules for carrying compressed gas and there isnt much they can do :) main thing is theres only 1 insurer i know that will touch gassed cars, but then it comes down to how much does the insurence company really need to know, i mean i have pipercross induction kit, bigger wheels and a 'slightly' modified ECU on my '94 Rover Coupe but i'm already paying £1600 (as i'm 19) so i dont think i'll be letting them know to whack me with another stupidly high sum, thing is, i've never had a crash yet i still pay more than my mate who wrote off his peugeot and has had 2 accidents since hes passed his test - ironically he did the 'pass plus' too :rofl: which brings me to my next point, speed doesnt kill, bad driving does...

Cossey
06-30-2005, 04:05 AM
well its up to you but they can void your insurance in the event of a crash so it could be a problem, personally i dont think small mods are going to matter too much. inserance is a pian though as mine is £1000 for a 1.2l clio for a 20yo with 1y ncb, because it had to make a claim about 18months ago, but im considering a kitcar as ive been qouted £1000 for next year on a 2litre turboed midengine elise like car (engine is the 200bhp from a rover 220 etc) whereas to keep the group 3 clio is still going to be £800.

now all i have to do is persaude my parents that its a good idea (they already said yes to a lotus 7 clone when i was 17 so this shouldnt be too hard to convince them)

Rukee
06-30-2005, 04:25 AM
ok then mate, i'd like to see you run a 75 shot of NOS on a 1.6 8v citroen saxo VTS, first thing to blow would be head gasket as there just pathetic excuses for gaskets they use, they dont even use a multi laminate HG, installing nitrous on anything under a 2 litre without modification is just an accident waiting to happen
Yo, dude, which part of "if the right kit is properly installed and opperated" did you not understand???

which are we actually talking about here? a wet shot or direct port injection? a wet shot you'd probably get away with but direct port puts a hell of a lot more stress on the engine and the fuel system certainly wouldnt be the first thing i'd do

You do need to increase the fuel load with the bigger nitrious kits, they have another seperate fuel line and soliniods to add fuel as well as Nitious at the same time, on dirrect port injection, they are done throught the same injecter on the kits i`ve seen.

lol, well i wouldnt put it on if i had a pugger, perhaps a trip to rukee's garage is in order as he seems to think you can whack it straight on, as for the induction kit yeah you should be able to put that on no problem
For enough money, sure, I`ll install it. We`ll just detune the smallest cheater kit they have. :p

Jamo
06-30-2005, 05:15 AM
Yo, dude, which part of "if the right kit is properly installed and opperated" did you not understand???

ok mate, well i'm not wanting to start a flame war or anything so we'll agree to disagree, but common concensus here at least seems to be the smaller the engine you put nitrous on the higher the risk of it going wrong and running it on stock gaskets is a no no

Rukee
06-30-2005, 05:24 AM
ok mate, well i'm not wanting to start a flame war or anything so we'll agree to disagree, but common concensus here at least seems to be the smaller the engine you put nitrous on the higher the risk of it going wrong and running it on stock gaskets is a no no
The smaller the engine, the smaller the kit you install. Granted you won`t be able to do a 275HP kit....But any healthy engine should be able to run it if propperly installed and opperated. Hell, I even reamed out the jets on a weed-eater and ran that on a Nitro-Methane mix. :P

jlewis02
07-01-2005, 09:21 PM
That is not the fastest this one is faster and was done at WFC 8 and he drives it to the track there 20+ miles one way. http://www.racingsouthwest.com/~buffhomer/Keenan797.wmv

an0nym0us
07-03-2005, 11:31 AM
hey, i've got something for you guys who are naysayers to small displacement n2o cars. my buddy mike on houston-imports.com's forums ran a 13.2 second 1/4mile RELIABLY on an internally stock Integra LS (B18B1 1.8L non-VTEC motor) in a honda civic hatch. also, those tires (aka drag radials) will NOT net a 1.25 second 0-60 time, this was done on slicks. the 60 foot time is what you need to look for when talking about a car like this, apparently the writers of the article only focused on the 1/4 mi and 0-60 times. i need more to go by than what they wrote. plus, it's not a unibody or normal framed car. it's a tubbed out chassis which is a full race chassis. my friend has a drag radialed toyota supra that runs 9.97 and he's not halfway done with it.

Rippthrough
07-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Anarki, is that the 1.1 TU alloy block engine?
If so grab the inlet manifold and the twin solex carb off a citreon AX GT or similiar, It'll give you about 10bhp.

Anarki
07-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Anarki, is that the 1.1 TU alloy block engine?
If so grab the inlet manifold and the twin solex carb off a citreon AX GT or similiar, It'll give you about 10bhp.

Im pretty sure it is, Thanks for the tip.

I read on a website that it's dry weight is only 790Kg - 1742lb hmmm i'm a bit sceptical about that!

Rippthrough
07-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Sounds about right to me. Stripped ones hit about 650kg.

ZX7891
07-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah when you strip those you lose a ton of weight.

hixie
07-07-2005, 04:00 AM
8.14s for a 1/4 mile??
I've seen a Toyota Corolla do 8 seconds flat.

Cossey
07-07-2005, 04:16 AM
corolla is this a modded one or a fibreglass bodied drag car? if its a modded one then that is complete crap. there are almost no street based cars (ie modded cars) that will get under 9s esp on drag radials.

hixie
07-07-2005, 04:50 AM
I'm not too sure about that ... but i do know that the guy changed the engine to a 3TC turbo engine. Apparently there are timeslips as proof but i couldnt find it. Might be bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:, i relli dont know, but i have seen corollas do 1/4 mile drag between 9 and 14 seconds, so i think 8 seconds isnt impossible.

Webzta
07-07-2005, 07:25 AM
theres a street legal cavalier i believe , does 0-60 in 1.25 iirc.

(UK)

Has a parachute for brakes..

I believe the specs are.. V8 8litre, and shot of nos.

Cossey
07-07-2005, 07:39 AM
not street legally. streetlegal means treaded tyres street fuel so less than 100 octane on a sub 2 litre engine those times would require alchol based fuel. ive seen a 9.59 corolla using the 3tc but that was on 110 octane and fully drag slicks. a road legal sub 10 car is a big thing and real road legal sub 10 cars pretty much dont exist as the "road legal" drag categories get round alot of the normal rules such as noise tyres (drag radials arent legal in europe) etc.

ATW
07-07-2005, 12:39 PM
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/video/dmillen_record_CT.mpeg

It's not the quickest street car in the country, but I happen to have a video of the car being driven to Burger King...in the snow...proving it's indeed street legal. It's a turbocharged 400ci SBF running on 10.5W (33"x11") tires.

Webzta
07-07-2005, 03:39 PM
not street legally. streetlegal means treaded tyres street fuel so less than 100 octane on a sub 2 litre engine those times would require alchol based fuel. ive seen a 9.59 corolla using the 3tc but that was on 110 octane and fully drag slicks. a road legal sub 10 car is a big thing and real road legal sub 10 cars pretty much dont exist as the "road legal" drag categories get round alot of the normal rules such as noise tyres (drag radials arent legal in europe) etc.

No this one has been stated to be street legal, it's at alot of car shows, mate at work is heavily into the whole car thing, he knows all about it.

Cossey
07-08-2005, 12:39 AM
the whole thread is about the worlds fastest street car which sorta means they have to road legal (ie pass mot or the equivalent)otherwise they are race cars. the street car catergories for drag racing require pump fuel treaded tyres etc, where they dont cover is the rules are meant for road legal in the usa which isnt always legal in other places.