PDA

View Full Version : Prometia question to owners

Gamer67
12-18-2002, 06:52 AM
I would like to know if you have or have not placed dielectric grease in the socket of your mobo to protect against condensation ?

I do not have any yet and I am trying to locate some, I just want to know if I can get away without using it or not ...

thanks

Umgawa
12-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Just got my prometia and I did use some dieelectric grease. You can get it at any automotive parts store. Its also known as tuneup grease.

NyCUndaGrounD
12-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Is the dialetric grease only for amd sockets or intel sockets too.

TheDude
12-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Umgawa
Just got my prometia and I did use some dieelectric grease. You can get it at any automotive parts store. Its also known as tuneup grease.

What he said...can be used for both.

Gamer67
12-18-2002, 12:04 PM
Well it is no use now, the damn shop I bought the prommie from sent me it ( full intel system in black) with no damn CPU kit ( seal string, back plate, foam....)

I am not a happy camper right now...

WHEN ARE THESE STUPID COMPUTER SALES PEOPLE EVER GOING TO GET AN ORDER RIGHT ?

Is it too much to ask to check the delevery BEFORE it leaves the shop, I laid out over £ 600 and this is the level of service that you get in the UK.... flipping morons

Don't purchase anything from http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/

They obviously have thier heads up thier asses, becuase they just lost a good customer and I have a good mind to pack it all back up and send it to them and get a full refund including shipping back and forth

I will take my business to some place that actually gives a toss about their customers...

there my rant is over. :mad:

TheDude
12-18-2002, 02:04 PM
Sorry to hear that....have em rush you a kit out asap!