PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Master Aquagate...

jinu117
06-14-2005, 09:40 PM
I got one... lol.
I want everything fit inside my lian-li V2000B Plus at reasonable level and noticed how hot the x850XT PE runs with stock cooler. Reading up review, it looks like another air cooling method isn't going to help me much at all as I wanted to keep my v mod in... :P
After some thought, I remember I had koolance GPU 180 block. Browsing ebay shows Aquagate and immediately, I am hooked. Grab one from e-bay merchant and receive it today... Quick setup, and I am off with my X850XT PE volt mod enabled :) with v-gpu core 1.6v the temp goes up to 55c on GPU core @ 620/600. Which isn't too bad considering same thing with BIP3 + MCP600 + SilverProp Fusion HL with 2 120mm Panaflo M1a @ 7v will do about 42c loaded with same setting. I doubt air cooling of any kind will even get near the 60c mark with voltage and speed I was playing with short of maybe big CPU HS mounted on GPU :)
Quick observation of unit leads me to beleive putting another fan to pull air might help temps even more as if I increase fan speed, temp do decrease greeatly. Nothing extreme here but this certainly is nice find for me...

MaxxxRacer
06-14-2005, 09:56 PM
55C aint to great for waterooling.. infact its pretty pitiful if u ask me...

but hey if ur pleased with it!

jinu117
06-15-2005, 01:30 AM
No it isn't :) I put 60mm fan at the back and now load temp is only up to 46c :) Bad airflow design definitely. That is reduction of 9c from additional airflow :) Think I am really happy now.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32516&stc=1
Simple and pretty :) I like it.

MaxxxRacer
06-15-2005, 03:00 AM
60mm fan on teh back of the aquagate setup? interesting that it dropped temps that much. would suggest to me that the radiators potential was not being even close to met with the stock fan on it. would be a worthwhile upgrade for coolermaster to perform.

jinu117
06-15-2005, 07:33 AM
60mm fan on teh back of the aquagate setup? interesting that it dropped temps that much. would suggest to me that the radiators potential was not being even close to met with the stock fan on it. would be a worthwhile upgrade for coolermaster to perform.

I wouldn't have even tried putting 60mm fan (which had vent hole with 60mm hole and fan grill) if I didn't find the changing fan speed on 80mm fan decreased temperature significantly. Only issue was anything other than lowest speed for this setup was noisey for me. 60mm fan did add some noise (sunon maglev 23 cfm or so...) the internal design was severly limited with this 2 drive bay I think.

MaxxxRacer
06-15-2005, 01:24 PM
hmm.. do you think the mod was that useful? If so I will get in contact with them about it.