PDA

View Full Version : win 2k stop error help needed please

etherealrhythm
06-14-2005, 12:51 PM
hey all, heres my problem...

after installing my new mainboard (DFI Ultra-D) i received the error message i was anticipating after attempting to boot win 2k pro... "inaccesible boot device". i prepared the OS for a new mainboard by following the instructions on a web page i found that listed the necessary registry tweaks to make this process less painful.

apparently it did nothing and i received the error message above in a nice BSOD. i used my win2k disc to try a fresh install, but got the following stop message, and here is where i need somebody's help...

STOP : 0X0000004E ( 0X0000008F, 0X00008AA9, 0X00008AE9, 0X00000000 ) PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

ive read around a bit and apparently this basically means fried ram (im using some old Corsair DDR 333 for the moment) or the memory management page file has become corrupted. now what i couldnt find out is how to fix the problem, all the links i could find being very unhelpful in this respect.

im eager to get my new rig up and running, and would appreciate any speculations/opinions sent my way.

etherealrhythm
06-15-2005, 10:14 AM
right, sorted... all i had to do was up the vdimm a bit. simple enough. got rid of the error message... but now when i try a clean install of win2k pro it throws another error at me, saying "error loading operating system".

this happens after windows has completed the initial part of the install and restarted, and when it is trying to load windows to complete the install process. now this persisted even after formatting my windows partition and installing win2k on there, which i just dont understand. can someone help me please?

G H Z
06-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Your install disk might be bad. But I think I'd try a complete HD wipe using KILLDISK or something similar just in case.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-17-2005, 04:14 PM
hey all, heres my problem...

after installing my new mainboard (DFI Ultra-D) i received the error message i was anticipating after attempting to boot win 2k pro... "inaccesible boot device". i prepared the OS for a new mainboard by following the instructions on a web page i found that listed the necessary registry tweaks to make this process less painful.

apparently it did nothing and i received the error message above in a nice BSOD. i used my win2k disc to try a fresh install, but got the following stop message, and here is where i need somebody's help...

STOP : 0X0000004E ( 0X0000008F, 0X00008AA9, 0X00008AE9, 0X00000000 ) PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

ive read around a bit and apparently this basically means fried ram (im using some old Corsair DDR 333 for the moment) or the memory management page file has become corrupted. now what i couldnt find out is how to fix the problem, all the links i could find being very unhelpful in this respect.

im eager to get my new rig up and running, and would appreciate any speculations/opinions sent my way.
is your system overclocked?

have you tried it with default speed setting?

MrIcee
06-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Are you running a SATA hard drive?? If you are you need to hit F6 on the initial Windows install screen and install the required nForce4 SATA drivers. Inaccessible boot device message is caused by not having these drivers installed PRIOR to the install of the OS.

Randi:D