PDA

View Full Version : whoohoo got my tecs today

saaya
12-17-2002, 08:47 AM
6 28W tecs for my radeon 8500 :banana: they are open on the sides, i think i should close them somehow to prevent condensation inside the pelts right? well what should i use to close them?

KnightElite
12-17-2002, 08:52 AM
You should use epoxy of some sort, I believe that is how most TECs are potted. I've never bought an unpotted TEC though, so I can't tell you for sure.

Entuscan
12-17-2002, 09:42 AM
White or transparend sealkit silicone can be used. derfect isolation. (just check with a Multimeter that it's non conductive silicone kit, normally it is but a friend of mine had some that did cunduct a bit resulting in a dead mobo)

A bunch of questions:

What is the dimension of one of those tec's?
6pcs? for 8 memchips?
Where did you buy them?

Thanks

saaya
12-17-2002, 11:13 AM
6 pieces, 2 for the gpu and 1 for ever pair of memory on the card. size is 3x3x0.4cm V=6.8V or 8.6 lol not sure A=6 W=28...how many V is it then? i paid 2$/piece :banana:

Entuscan
12-17-2002, 11:41 AM
Price is great,

But i believe your better of with 1 higherpowered tec for the GPU, 80 watts or something (40X40mm)

On the R8500 there are caps etc between the memorymodules, so how are you intending to put the tecs on them then?

I'm verry interested in your project ;)

Where did you get those tec's from?

saaya
12-17-2002, 05:16 PM
a friend of a friend of a friedn...this guy got 100pieces very cheap and is now selling them.

i dont know where to get a 80W tec here in germany...and i dont have a lot of money to spend..ill try it with those, if it wont work ill get a 80W tec....

im getting a copper plate 10x20x0.2cm and im cutting it and drilling holes in it so it fits on the card... the front will be one part, i not sure about the back... maybe 2 little parts for each pair of the memory, maybe a large part that has contact with tha back of the gpu so i can cool it from the back too... since the ram wont produce a lot of heat the two tecs on the back could help me cooling the core that way.... what do you think?

Tedinde
01-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Give us some pic when it's done. Sure seems like a lot of work. What the hell you gonna cool the hot sides with, is what id like to know.

Gonna be a hell of a monstrocity, i cant even imagine it.

And if you do, it's still an 8500??

LukeK
01-27-2003, 01:15 PM
any chance of being able to get a few or finding out where ur friend of a friend got them??....id be willing to buy a couple (10) off of you, or ur friend. or if u could tell me where he got them from