PDA

View Full Version : Prometeia ????'s

JupitersChild
12-16-2002, 02:57 AM
Need alittle input from those of you that own one of these fine works of art.I currently own a Chieftec Case (http://www.chieftec.com/products/dragon/dx01wd.htm) ,I have spent alot of time and cash on mods and tricking it out.My question is would that lower unit fit to my Chieftec , I really dont like that case that they are putting in the whole package,and I think starting a whole other case mod project would get me a 1way ticket to a divorce :D .
So if any of you guys could gimme some specs on that lower unit that have it would be greatly appreciated. I looked for the specs on that unit for quite some time this morning and just couldnt find anything ( ofcorse it is morning and im still half asleep I may have very well overlooked ) .
Thanks
JC

Hardass
12-16-2002, 03:12 AM
The Chieftec case is 1/2" wider then the prom base. As far as length from corner to corner the chieftec is 1/2" shorter, but if you figure in the vents in the front of the chieftec they are the same length. So if you set the chieftec on the prom and have both backs even the chieftec will hang over 1/4" on both sides and be a 1/2" short on the front corners.

RootX
12-16-2002, 03:14 AM
The "topless" prometeia dimensions are:
(W x H x D) : 190 x 240 x 480mm (7.5" x 9.45" x 18.9") Cooling unit only

If it fits your case, then you´ve only have to cut a hole for the tube to pass through.

JupitersChild
12-16-2002, 08:38 AM
Thanks guys ,
This is what i was looking for ... the actual size of the lower unit!.
I think thats what i will do Hardass, I have put alota time into this case to just start another :D . Now I can plan the next phase of my rig. btw ... you think it will look right sitting on the lower unit like that Hardass?. If nothing else I guess I could take and modify the lower unit to fit the Chieftec flush. Oh well
Thanks again
JC