PDA

View Full Version : WCing Idea

pulverizer
12-15-2002, 08:52 PM
OK, I have been thinking about this for a while, and I think I will finally get to doing it this summer once school is out and I will have time, and access to the tools I need at home.
So here is my plan,
-I have an Antec SX-1030 case now, I will buy another one(probably aluminum) Cut my present one in half(maybe not quite half, so I don't end up with a KnightElite Super-skyscraper :D )
-I will then put the half case under the new one, attach them somehow.
-I will relocate all my Wcing parts to this bottom chamber
-I am planning on making a res out of copper, and put my pump in it(the copper should dissapate the heat the pump puts out)
-I will get a bigger radiator/heatercore. The largest one that would fit in the bottom part.
-All the tubes will run up through the bottom
- I will add WCing to the NB and Graphics card

Feel free to give me some feedback about things I might not be thinking about, or anything that would improve my design.
I think once this is all finished it should work out pretty well. Let me know what you think.

IFMU
12-15-2002, 09:36 PM
This kinda thing has been basiclly done. Mostly just add on to the bottom of the case.
But doing it like that is something I havent heard of exactly. Interesting indeed!
Once you get this going take some pics and a lil walk-through. I would be highly interested in reading how you did it.

pulverizer
12-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I will definately keep you guys updated. It looks like I will be able to use a radiator that is about 17 x 8 inches. Does anyone know of a heatercore about that size?

KnightElite
12-16-2002, 01:40 AM
What's wrong with the Super Skyscraper? :D.

Sunds like a good idea. One comment I got when I was constructing mine which you might like to try out was to completely seal off all air intakes into the "watercooling case" part of the case, except for the radiators, and place the fans somewhere else in the bottom. At the time I built it, it wasn't practical for me to do that, but that should get you maximum airflow through the radiator from your fans, and eliminates the need for a fan shroud. You might also want to consider dual heatercores, similar to the way I've done.

pulverizer
12-17-2002, 03:44 PM
If I get two radiators and put them in parallel, would it be best to have two of the same kind? I would imagine that is the most efficient way of doing it. Aslo I decided not to put the pump in the res that i am going to build. I would be to hard to make all the connections for the pump and still make it watertight, so I will just run it inline. I am also thinking about putting a plexi window on the front of the res, and put it at the front of the bottom part of the case, and make a viewport or something, maybe even put an led in the res to make it glow. This is still in the planning phase, so things could very easily change. Keep the suggestions coming if you think I am missing anything. Thanks

pulverizer
01-11-2003, 12:00 PM
There are some pics of the case I am going to use on the top. I painted it, I think it turned out pretty well.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6520