PDA

View Full Version : Planning watercooling, tips, suggestions

JasonDTM
06-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Planning watercooling...

I'm gunna get a Fedco 2-302 heatercore, Danner Supreme Mag 12 (If petsmart still has that sale going) and a reservoir (Dont know which)and I can get tygon or whatever mcmastercarr sells, going through my dad to save some cost on the clearflex or tygon.

Now... I'm going to need a waterblock, I was thinking Storm g4 (If I can find one used or if Cathar has them in production) and a Maze4 GPU (if It will fit a 6600GT AGP) Would this be a good start into watercooling? I have a job and going to start buying the parts after I buy me some new memory to replace the crappy corsair value select sitting in this computer.

Mind you my system that I'm doing this on is a A64 3000+ Winny CBBID (Doesnt go past 2.4 on stock air) soon 2x512mb OCZ Gold "New BH5" XFX 6600GT AGP, Chieftec Dragon type case.

And I know what works really well in types of scenerios, just want help from the people more expierenced than me

I've got another idea, I have access to a nearly unlimited supply of A/N fittings and Steel braided rubber hose and wondering if this can be used for computer watercooling (And it would look pretty damn cool, and original since I dont think this has been done)

kopeah
06-02-2005, 04:40 PM
If you want to get Storm G4, hurry and put your name on his waiting list, hopefully you will be able to make it for his next batch of production.

JfRsQ
06-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Suggestion:

Make a hole in your motherboard tray behind the cpu socket in case you would need to either change the waterblock or if the threaded rods come loosen. There is nothing worst than having to remove everything for a nut that didn't hold :slapass:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31782

JasonDTM
06-02-2005, 07:17 PM
^^^ Did that around 1.5 years ago for my TR SLK-947 :)

EnJoY
06-02-2005, 08:04 PM
I have a feeling that Danner Mag pump will have waaaaaay too high of a heat dump for your loop and with severely and negatively effect your performance.

MaxxxRacer
06-02-2005, 11:11 PM
ok here we go.

Video cooler choice. : excelent. just make sure to get the acetl top. its lite and wont corrode.

Storm G4. absolutely amazing block. but good luck getting one. next production run is the end of the summer. a good second choice is the TDX or MCW6002 for two barb design or for 3 barb the Whitewater from dtek or cooltechnica or the RBX.

dannger mag 12. really not a good choice. pump is way too large imo and as enjoy said it will prolly have a really high heat dump. i dont have any numbers on this but if ur dead set on it i will try to find some to see what ur getting urself into. Also the danners have a nasty habbit of leaking if u dont seal them with silicon sealer aroudn the housing. also heard of one case where the housing actually broke apart while in use.

JasonDTM
06-03-2005, 04:26 PM
I've pretty much changed my mind, althought I was planning 2x220CFM Delta's on the HC, I'm going to purchase the Laing D4, and I'm not worried about the tops to use... I just want one that wont crack, and the G4, I really want one, and might decided to put on the list after next wednesday

MaxxxRacer
06-03-2005, 06:58 PM
i might suggest the Laing D5 that was just introduced. it is a marginal improvement over the D4 and costs the same.

SirSpawn
06-03-2005, 07:25 PM
I would dump the rez and use a t-line. Your drive bay space is going to be at premium already after taking out the HD and floppy cages.

masturdebat3rr
06-03-2005, 10:59 PM
i hope you don't put the 220cfm fans in your room... or else you'll have a a BIT too much noise ;D

JasonDTM
06-04-2005, 06:29 AM
I would dump the rez and use a t-line. Your drive bay space is going to be at premium already after taking out the HD and floppy cages.

I'm not mounting the core in the case, its going on top.