PDA

View Full Version : got a question need reply asap

King_of_qb
12-15-2002, 12:52 PM
hello i want to know if it would make a differnce in benching performance or etc. if i installed a os over another os (2000 pro from xp pro) would it make a diference from a reformat installation? it did delete all the xp files so i don't see what difference it would make.

i am asking this because i am righting a review compairing the 8k9a2 to the 8rda and on the 8rda i reformated and installed 2000 pro but on the 8k9a2 i just installed over the old os that was on the other hd, like i said before i don't see what differnce it would make unless i had virus before(which i didn't).

Jupiler
12-16-2002, 03:46 AM
I'd do a format and a clean installation of the OS.
I don't like doing an upgrade of an OS over another one. That's why I only have full versions of OS, no upgrades for me.
If you did a format and a clean install for the 8rda, why not doing the same when you test the 8k9a2?

Tweaked!
12-16-2002, 04:28 AM
A format and fresh install is going to be much better than installing over another. That way you start off with a clean and uncorrupted registry. It's really not a proven fact, but most all the high end o/cer's all swear by the fresh install. :)

CCW
12-29-2002, 09:14 AM
I agree, fresh install and then you are testing them under the same conditions