PDA

View Full Version : Epox 8rda+ and Prometeia

Madcoto
12-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Hy guys !
Yesterday i've got my prometeia cooling. I mount it very carefully and put my oldie 1800+ Palomino . I stopped @ 2.0v with 1960 mhz on the cpu . Now , i'm using the last MBM version and my temps are not right... With -34 on the Evaporator , the mbm says that the cpu is at 12Âș and board at 10Âș . I think this is not right because my NB burnt my finger yesterday and the cpu is really cold. Can you tell me what to do? plz help !

Madcoto
12-17-2002, 01:53 PM
Thanks a lot for the answers !
I've very happy...with the solution for my problem..

sharpbw
12-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Don't be bitter Madcoto, I understand why you want to solve your problem fast, but sometimes people don't have immediate answers.

First of all, what motherboard? How did you prep the the Socket? Are you using Neoprene in the socket cavity? Tell us everything you did to the board, and maybe someone has had the same experience, and can help.

Personally, on a KD7 I had higher than expected temps, until I installed the newest MBM and could read the internal diode. Unfortunately I don't think Palomino has one (I could be wrong). So your probably stuck with the in-socket temp probe.

IFMU
12-17-2002, 05:18 PM
Id have to agree, calm down a lil there! ;)
I personally couldnt say, I know squat about sub-zero temps or the systems that run 'em.
Im sure someone will be able to give you a few responses, odds are for a lil bit theyll be questions on your complete setups. So like he said, if you could post up all info on your hardware, and all the exacts on the full setup.
Im sure you could get some better answers.

Hardass
12-17-2002, 05:53 PM
The epox mobo do not show correct temps, when I had the 8K5A2+ and 2200+ in the prom I would get 12 to 15c temps. One thing though make sure you are getting good contact, take the microfreezer off and check contact. With 2.0 Vcore your evap temp should be lower, that is my .02c

twiggy
12-17-2002, 06:00 PM
Sounds like its reading the surface temps of the cpu. When I tested a kd7 and promie the surface temps were around 10c but the internal diode read around -30c.

Madcoto
12-18-2002, 07:02 AM
Ok i'm sorry but i was getting mad because nobody answered...sorry..

My full specs are here...

Prometeia Case
Axp 1800+ Palomino
256 x 2 Samsung ddr400
Epox 8rda+
G4 Ti4400

I've installed the prometeia with the amd cpu kit.. I did not put neoprene because the cpu kit already has a kind of glue to beware the condensation.. I've installed everything ok and the Evap temp @ 2v is about -32/-33... I've installed the last version of mbm..

Thx for the answers..

sharpbw
12-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Ok, I'm pretty sure the Epox board wont read the internal diode. Your evap temp sounds about right, I"m pretty sure your CPU isn't running at 12ÂșC, just probably the sensor isn't making good contact with the CPU.

I"m getting one of these boards in tomorrow, and will let you know what I find out when I put it on my Prometeia.

Holst
12-30-2002, 05:00 PM
The board dosent read the Xp diode, its a insocket reading.

The Diode is only used for overtemp protection.

As its reading in-socket your covering the diode with insulation (we hope) so your messing up its accuracy.

Either stick a thermistor next to your core, or do without temperature measures, personally I gave up on temperature measurment a long time aggo. I just go for max overclock and stability.