PDA

View Full Version : Buy Hiper in the States

Him
06-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Someone know where I can buy from Hiper in the states?

I'm looking to buy the Hiper Type-R 630W PSU.

Dave in Daytona
06-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Someone know where I can buy from Hiper in the states?

I'm looking to buy the Hiper Type-R 630W PSU.Good PSU's.

If you find it please post a link.

Thanks,
Dave :toast:

KoolDrew
06-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Yes, please post a link if you into a place to buy them. I am interesed in them.

Him
06-06-2005, 06:23 AM
I contacted someone from Hiper, and all they told me was that they do not have a reseller in the states but will soon. That was it, no further information, none on how to order one from the UK, nothing. I sent them back one asking if I could order one directly from them, spelling it out a little better than I did in the first email, so hopefully they will help me out. I'll keep you all updated.

Dave in Daytona
06-06-2005, 06:27 AM
I contacted someone from Hiper, and all they told me was that they do not have a reseller in the states but will soon. That was it, no further information, none on how to order one from the UK, nothing. I sent them back one asking if I could order one directly from them, spelling it out a little better than I did in the first email, so hopefully they will help me out. I'll keep you all updated.They are good & @48#'s a good deal in the UK, but at $80 to $90USD plus international shipping,
you can do much better with USA merchants on an OCZ, Antec, Enermax or Fortron.

Him
06-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Well what do you think it would cost here in the staes? $110, maybe $120? Sounds about right. Sometimes you also have to pay a little extra to get what you want. I dont think the shipping would be too much, $20 or $30 I imagine. I wouldnt mind paying $150 for that, brand new. Sounds rather reasonable to me. I'll do some research, but I want that thing sooo bad.

What do you think a comparable PSU would be? I want one that looks really good, but performance is a HUGE thing with me. I will pay that extra dollar for one that performs the best.

Dave in Daytona
06-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Well what do you think it would cost here in the staes? $110, maybe $120? Sounds about right. Sometimes you also have to pay a little extra to get what you want. I dont think the shipping would be too much, $20 or $30 I imagine. I wouldnt mind paying $150 for that, brand new. Sounds rather reasonable to me. I'll do some research, but I want that thing sooo bad.

What do you think a comparable PSU would be? I want one that looks really good, but performance is a HUGE thing with me. I will pay that extra dollar for one that performs the best.The Hiper's are "good" PSU's but nothing super special. PC P&C, OCZ PowerStreams &
Antec True Powers are all higher spec & the Enermax's & Fortron's are just as good, if not better. :fact:

Him
06-07-2005, 10:35 AM
What about the Ultra psu's?

Dave in Daytona
06-07-2005, 10:48 AM
What about the Ultra psu's?ALL JUNK! :nono:

Him
06-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Hmmm.... I see. Well, what would be a really sexy looking, extremely good functioning PSU if you had to buy one and had, oh, say, $200 to do it with?

KoolDrew
06-07-2005, 12:24 PM
PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 510 SLI

Dave in Daytona
06-07-2005, 12:28 PM
PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 510 SLIYes indeed! :toast:

$219: http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51SLI

Him
06-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Oh man, that thing is TIGHT! I do not intend on going SLi though, I have me reasons. Is there a version just like that but not for SLI systems, and a little bit cheaper? Cuz damn, I thought maybe you would link me to a $150 PSU, but 219!!! Good LORD thats alotta money! But if I need it, I will have to get it. Dont need it, but it sure would be nice to have. Hmm......

Dave in Daytona
06-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh man, that thing is TIGHT! I do not intend on going SLi though, I have me reasons. Is there a version just like that but not for SLI systems, and a little bit cheaper? Cuz damn, I thought maybe you would link me to a $150 PSU, but 219!!! Good LORD thats alotta money! But if I need it, I will have to get it. Dont need it, but it sure would be nice to have. Hmm......Then the OCZ PowerStream 520W (620W Peak) for about $130 would be perfect. :toast:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/power_management/ocz_powerstream_power_supply

Him
06-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Hmm.... Sorry to be like a woman so, not being able to make up my mind, but I want to make sure I get the right thing. I think I'm going to suck it up and get the first one you linked me (The Tuirbo Cool) but I'm not sure. Do you know if it has those quick conect cables? The ones that I can unplug if i dont need them?

Dave in Daytona
06-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Hmm.... Sorry to be like a woman so, not being able to make up my mind, but I want to make sure I get the right thing. I think I'm going to suck it up and get the first one you linked me (The Tuirbo Cool) but I'm not sure. Do you know if it has those quick conect cables? The ones that I can unplug if i dont need them?No the PC P&C Turbo Cool 510's are not modular (detachable cables) & neither are the OCZ PowerStreams.

These are modular: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showpost.php?p=1588415&postcount=196

:toast:

Him
06-08-2005, 12:55 PM
<caresses chin inquizatively>

Him
06-28-2005, 06:06 AM
:bump:

I ended up getting the OCZ Modstream 520 about a week ago, but guess what I just fdound? Hiper, here, in the states. God dammit, and I already bought my PSU! I may need another one....

http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Power%20Supplies/se=Hiper/mp=menu_search.html

Dave in Daytona
06-28-2005, 08:01 AM
:bump:

I ended up getting the OCZ Modstream 520 about a week ago, but guess what I just fdound? Hiper, here, in the states. God dammit, and I already bought my PSU! I may need another one....

http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Power%20Supplies/se=Hiper/mp=menu_search.htmlYes, but they are over-priced for the USA market.
The Antec NeoPower 480W is much better & cheaper & so are many others.

Him
06-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Yeah, but still, it's not the cool looking Hiper. It's somethign that you are paying for to look good. It seems as though they just went a bought a bunch of Hiper's from a retailer in the UK and now are selling them here. They cost some 60 or 70 pounds, and it's roughly translated to $100 or so. Sneaky bastards...