PDA

View Full Version : DFI Lanparty Nforce4 SLI-DR and Windows 64 Bit

pswart
05-31-2005, 09:08 PM
Hello,

I curently have a Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro-939 motherboard. Over the weekend I will be installing a DFI Lanparty Nforce4 SLI-DR motherboard.

A have a few questions?

1) Will I be able to just hook up my current raid 0 setup and boot?
2) If not I take it that I need to do a fresh Windows install to get the raid and SATA to work?
3) I run Windows XP 64 Prof. Any concerns here? Which drivers and other software should I use from Lanparty?

Any help appreciated. Please point out any other pitfalls!!!!

Thanks

Ubermann
05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
2, You should do a fresh install anyway when changing motherboards.

pswart
05-31-2005, 10:46 PM
2, You should do a fresh install anyway when changing motherboards.

Yep it's the best I agree, however, with these changes to my system I might have problems authenticating/ validating Windows when doing a new install. Or am I missing the point?

TekXoID
05-31-2005, 10:55 PM
If desired, it can be done since the systems are very similar. I would try, making sure
however that important documents or files are on a seperate partition or hard drive.

Just be sure to uninstall all of your drivers first, and run DriverCleaner & Cab Cleaner.

Finally, do the enum trick and shut down (DO NOT REBOOT) then swap boards.

Yep it's the best I agree, however, with these changes to my system I might have problems authenticating/ validating Windows when doing a new install. Or am I missing the point?
No problems authenticicating, you might just boot to BSOD if there are any conflicting drivers/resources.