PDA

View Full Version : x850 CSS crash problems

the
05-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Im having a huge problem with my gigabtye x800xtpe AGP. i got it about november of last year, and at about the time of the catalyst 5.4 release, it started to crash in coutner strike source. i can run 3dmark05 for hours no problems, UT04 no problems, and the 3d cube of ati tool no problems, temps are not out there, the card hasnt been over clocked, i;ve reinstalled the game, and several isntalls of windows. i've treid every verion of every driver i can find, even the 4.12 that giga byte has on they're website, i;ve put "-heapsize 512000" in my laucnh options wich seems to let me play longer, but isnt exactly a fix. does ANYONE know wtf is going on?

Der_KHAN
05-30-2005, 02:53 AM
the only css crashes i had were memory related.

css is very picky about ram. i can play dozens of different games but css will crash if my ram isnt fully stable

perkam
05-30-2005, 03:04 AM
Interesting...Well Firstly, if you have an X800XT AGP, you should'nt have mentioned x850 in the title ;) Secondly, I'd download Doom 3 demo or see if the problem persists when playing hl2 for extended periods of time. If the problem occurs in both those games, then its a hardware problem...but if it only happens in CS-:Source, then there was never a reason for you to format windows and what not. BTW, if you can find them, I'd recommend Omega 5.2 drivers. If I can find a link for you I will, but until then, I'd play some other games for the same amount of time it fails in CSS and see if the problem is there too.

Perkam

the
05-30-2005, 04:32 AM
i got doom3 and jsut played the first two levels all the way thruogh no probs. jsut played the first two levels of hl2 no probs, plyed iwht garys mod mo probs, played far cry no probs, played Xpand Rally and toca 2 no probs. and sorry about the x850 in the ttitle i wnet back andedited it but theedited titel only shows up wonce you click on the thread, my bad about that sorry :(

der kahn, yes the error that pops up is a memry address. if it really is the ram then thank GAWD. ij sut assumed it was a vid card problem gettin in the way. i dunno why, i put in the heapsize thing wich is a ram command. mabye im jsut an idiot. right now i got some ddr 500 hyperx what would you recommend for mem sticks? system is in sig. and uber coldness is coming soon.

perkam
05-30-2005, 05:01 AM
what would you recommend for mem sticks?

Have you tried CSS without any parts OCed ?? If you want recommendations for ram, pls do list price range.

Perkam

the
05-30-2005, 05:50 AM
this puter is not oc'd at all, the water i had builti tore down to convert it to a direct die system, slowly getting parts/confidence. as far as the mem sticsk go, i jsut havent kept up on it lately, last i read was something about bh5 not liking the neoplatinum. i'll spend the moeny to get sticks worth it, especially since im getting closer and closer to the xtreme level coldness. what are three stikcs you;d recommend?

the
05-31-2005, 08:01 AM
what if i got some of that mushkin red stuff? :D

Der_KHAN
06-01-2005, 03:02 AM
so ur current mem is not oced and yet css crashes?

well i guess in this case the red stuff will probalby not help :(

have u already tried lowering the clocks of ur videocard below stock?

the
06-01-2005, 08:41 AM
no i havent :( i want to go UP with it not down. i jsut installed windwos 64 and at stock speeds got a 6006 at 3dmark 05, first time i broke 6 grand. but it kidna boggles my mind why i can run the demo of 3dmakr over night wiht no problems and the card not getting a ove 48C, but source has problems :( with the old heatsink it would go underlaod up to 68c, wich as far as i knwo for the x800xtpe isnt out of the ordinary, and its kinda why i put the opteron heatsink on it (that and im a member of XS). is there anything i can do to rule out the video card all together?

btw this is a link of the 3dmark 6006, its verion 1.1.0 but thatis the oonly verion i;v ever run and this is the first 6000 ever.
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/474/xp64benches8pf.jpg

cadaveca
06-01-2005, 08:43 AM
soundblaster sound card?

the
06-01-2005, 08:55 AM
i *had* an audigy in there, but quite a while ago i took it out since i couldn't get the dirvers ot istnall, i;ve been on the on baord sound since aobut 2 months before this problem. im pretty sure it was a bad windwos that made the sound driver not install and was gonna put it bakc in later this week to seeif i could get it to work again, it gave a litte bit better 5.1 than ths Nvidia sound does. so the only add in card is the video card. i was windering, is this card qualify under the "agp cards built on a pcix bus" or is that only the 850's?

cadaveca
06-01-2005, 11:12 AM
did you try setting sound detailing lower? the only time i had real issues with CSS crashing it was audio acceleration that was the fault.

viccyran
06-01-2005, 10:10 PM
I'll reiterate, Source is very picky about RAM. That is my Prime95. Underclock your RAM and see if you have any problems..

the
06-01-2005, 10:31 PM
ok i down claocked the ram and with the heapsize commands and a fresh isntall of windwos 64 i played or a about 2 hours last night, no problems. Well i guess i had one problem, MY RAM WAS DOWNCLOCKED. so im looking at this

2x512 PC3200 EB Platinum Edition. These have done 260 2.5-2-2 in a Giga K8NS 3.0v

from the for sale thread, you guys think that will solve my problem? waht i have now is the kingston ddr500 hyperx all stock that is jsut more than a year old now.

viccyran
06-01-2005, 10:46 PM
ok i down claocked the ram and with the heapsize commands and a fresh isntall of windwos 64 i played or a about 2 hours last night, no problems. Well i guess i had one problem, MY RAM WAS DOWNCLOCKED. so im looking at this

2x512 PC3200 EB Platinum Edition. These have done 260 2.5-2-2 in a Giga K8NS 3.0v

from the for sale thread, you guys think that will solve my problem? waht i have now is the kingston ddr500 hyperx all stock that is jsut more than a year old now.
If you want to be xtreme.. yeah.

But honestly, I don't think it's worth it. Spending the extra money for maybe at 10 FPS at most, you're looking at 20 dollars per FPS. Just wait for your next upgrade to get everything.

the
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
butbutbutbut i jsut got a new compressor too :D

Der_KHAN
06-01-2005, 11:20 PM
u mean this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=878534&postcount=1) EB for 150 bucks?

u would be :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing crazy not to buy this stuff!

... on the other hand, if u can afford a prom u sure as hell can afford some new mushies or VX4000

the
06-01-2005, 11:33 PM
yes that is the stuff.

its not a prommy i got, its the leaking AC unit out of my dad's RV. the huge ac that is ontop of the RV, that cools the whole thing, that i will have pics and numbers of shortly, that will hopefully make me cool guys like you :D all i need now issome more pipe, and a decent condenser. and some guts.