PDA

View Full Version : Novell Client !

Garonja
05-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Hello ...

Im from Sweden so pardon me if my Eng is bad :)

I have borrowed a laptop from School to do some homework, in the end it got boring so i plugged in the network cabel and started to surf, today i got Virus on the computer, and i can't scan it on Pandas homepage because im not logged in as Admin, and i cant reinstall Windows because you need to be logged in as Admin to install things, i have tried to come in to Bios to set the Boot Device to CD-Rom so that i could format the laptop but the bios is Password protected. So now im in pretty much of Panic, does anyone now how i can reinstall windows or how to shut down Novell to do a Virus scan ?

// Garonja ..

G H Z
05-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Not sure about Novell, but why would you want to re-install the OS, it's just a borrowed laptop? I think whoever set up the laptop should have considered that people may want to connect to the internet and have installed AV and a firewall so this would not happen. So if you ask me it is really their problem.

[XC]thewildblue
05-30-2005, 01:00 AM
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

This can be quite useful, will allow you to reset the administrator password and edit the registry etc. Will save a re-install.