PDA

View Full Version : My Words To Electronic Arts (Comments & Complaints)

IamAnoobieCheez
05-26-2005, 11:42 AM
note* Rating scales from 0 - to - 10.

I rememeber how wonderful the original Need For Speed first came out.. It was the best racing sim game ever. Overall graphics were very good back then. Rating: 12 (extra ordinary, beyond excellent)

Then the NFS 2 came out. Graphics have gotten 5 times worse. Yes... it did have dashboard view but the rest of the graphics were just abolute horrible i really got sick for days. Rating: 0

Then the NFS 3 came out. It was pretty darn good. NFS4 came along just as well. I highly respected the dashboard view they gave. The ride was somewhat realistic too. NFS3 & 4 Rating: 7

One of the complaints I had with NFS 1~6 the tracks were too short. If they made the track 20 times longer that would be great, good way to increase 5 whopping points. :clap:

Here comes the latest gen NFS: U2. Great graphics! Great handling and physics! Great gameplay... To me what a huge down was that IT DOESN"T HAVE DASHBOARD VIEW!!!! Not having dash view is a huge mega disappointment.... Dashboard view means everything to me. Rating: 8

EA needs to make a "good" racing sim game for their future NFS series. Dashboard view is *required*. Here is my request:

- Ability to control radio/cassette/CD deck w/ base/trable/eq control as well as volume.. in the dashboard view.

- Ability to open/close the windows, adjust rear view mirror, open the glove compartment, air conditioner and heater, windshield washer fluid and wiper control, etc.

- I want pure digital photo realistic dashboard graphics quality. You get to hear the wind sound outside the car when the windows is rolled down a bit.

- Tracks length from 3 miles to 300 miles. Not only curvy tracks and city streets and highways but a longgggggggggggggggg stretched interstate with total distance of 300 miles or longer. Places to stop, gas station, food store, place to go pee pee, etc. None of the PC games have a track that is 300 miles long.. 300 miles is an example, guys. 700 miles is fine also.

- And of course.. you know you speed... and when you do, the cops spot you and try to catch you.. all these stuff needs to be included. Car recks and actually falling off the bridge or ditch is required*. Windshield breaks and actually the driver gets hurt or killed. Leave the "restart" option enabled though. Afterall.. it's all fun and enjoyment of the game. :D

I want a complete real-life pure digital photo realistic graphics car sim game from NFS series.

These are my expectations.... If there is not enough demand for it, then make a special "sim" edition. This may require something like 5 discs of double layered DVDs.

batti banter
05-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Asking for something like that from EA is like asking an Etheopian if they can spare you their lunch money. EA's recent racing games are more arcade than they are simulation so I doubt you'll be seeing any of that out of them.

Disposibleteen
05-26-2005, 12:27 PM
lol well put Batti, EA is more into making games appealing to kids and teens alike, i doubt anything like this will come out of EA for a long while.

IamAnoobieCheez
05-26-2005, 01:16 PM
yes.... i know, the current games, even the upcomming games from EA are more geared for kids and majority of the users. I would still like to see they come up with the "Simulator version" of NFS, made specifically for people who are obsessed with realistic features(dash view and other features in more realistic world). :(

Disposibleteen
05-26-2005, 01:23 PM
why would you need air conditioning control in a sim game?

IamAnoobieCheez
05-26-2005, 01:59 PM
why would you need air conditioning control in a sim game?
you're right... that one isn't needed. can't feel hot in summer day in the game right? :D

batti banter
05-26-2005, 02:08 PM
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I talked to a friend about this, and he suggested "how about buying a car. then you could open the damn dashboard anytime you want"

If you want a more customizable, realistic pc-racing game you could always check out Toca Race Driving 2 ;) ;) ;)

IamAnoobieCheez
05-26-2005, 02:22 PM
i have a real car.

I used to play Toca2 a lot. I also tried the demo of Toca Race driver but it's the original version.. haven't tried the 2.

gkirilov
06-13-2005, 07:12 PM
try it. And then wait for toca RD3 next year :cool: