PDA

View Full Version : Dang, another sample of PS3 graphics power

clayton
05-25-2005, 10:42 AM
http://www.pcpop.com/doc/0/90/90189.shtml

dang dang dang, now I think Killzone 2's graphics could be the same as the movie :D
________
HONDA GL500 HISTORY (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_GL500)

AndreSparda
06-06-2005, 04:55 PM
not blured but antialiasing technique i think :D

jason32287
06-18-2005, 11:02 PM
PS3 is going to pwn up on the Xbox 360.

clayton
06-19-2005, 11:28 AM
I can't tell the different between the graphics from PS3 and XBOX360 lol... but I'm more into PS3 though...
________
FORD FLEXIBLE FUEL VEHICLE PICTURE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Flexible_Fuel_Vehicle)

Wiggy McShades
06-19-2005, 11:52 AM
that looks so real do we know what game that is from? i just wanna know why computers dont get these graphics cabilities sooner. although pics from unreal tournoment 2k7 look pretty sick i think these from ps3 are better.

KoolDrew
06-19-2005, 12:20 PM
PS3 is going to pwn up on the Xbox 360.

I disagree.

jason32287
06-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Xbox fanboy??? just looking at the specs of the 2 systems ps3 is going to pwn. 2 HDTV support, Bluetooth controllers, no gay Wi-Fi and a few other things I can't remember right now. Only thing I like about the Xbox 360 is it has a/b/g wireless instead of b/g.

KoolDrew
06-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Specs are not everything when it comes to consoles. Also how do you even know those will be the final specs?

jason32287
06-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey all u can go off of right now is what they tell us. And from what I've heard the graphics are going to be about the same for both consoles. The thing thats going to make the difference is the extra's. Such as the tv support, wireless capabilities, etc. and from this the PS3 is going to beat out the Xbox360. The thing i'm wondering about is nintendo. I personally think their going to suprise everyone with their next console. They've stayed out of the fight between PS3 and Xbox360 and I think their system is just like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. I mean all the old classic nintendo games on one system plus small size and cheap price. I think it could steal the spotlite in the battle for the best next gen console.

KoolDrew
06-19-2005, 06:17 PM
You are forgetting about games, online capabilities etc.

jason32287
06-19-2005, 06:37 PM
okay then lets analyse that. I love xbox live. Its not expensive and much better than PS2's online play which tends to be laggy and lots of glitches. Games. PS2 hands down. The only thing Xbox is good for is halo. Yes halo is a very awesome game but one good game vs multiple good games. Also microsoft can't ride halo forever. It will die.

PS3:
Good Selection of Good Games
Bluetooth
2 HDTV support
More Controllers Supported
Flash Memory Support

Xbox360:
Halo
Awesome Online Capabilities
Hard Drive
A/B/G Wireless

clayton
06-20-2005, 08:42 AM
I only play NBA games on XBOX :p: but action games on PS2.
________
Angelina Jolie Pics (http://www.angelinajoliepics.com/)

KoolDrew
06-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Jason have you even looked at the games coming out for the Xbox 360? Halo 3 is not even coming out until the time when PS3 comes out, but there are many good games coming out for Xbox360 such as Final Fantasy XI (finally is coming to xbox), Gears of War, Perfect Dark Zero, Quake 4, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and tons of others.

Northwood
06-20-2005, 10:37 AM
that sample of PS3 graphics power is just another video of a game called Motor Storm.

link: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1678

KoolDrew
06-20-2005, 11:27 AM
that sample of PS3 graphics power is just another video of a game called Motor Storm.

link: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1678

:slobber: WOW. Is that in game footage?

Der_KHAN
06-20-2005, 11:49 AM
from what i heard this is just a pre-rendered intro

sinsinking
06-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Sony said that PS3 game will be all real time instead of pre-rendered ..

jason32287
06-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Yes I've heard of most of the games coming to Xbox360 Quake4 is going to be awesome, I've never like Elder Scrolls, Perfect Dark will be good, I haven't seen Gears of War(I'll check it out) and FFXI is just going to xbox because they want to try to get some money off of the game since it failed misserable on the PS2 and PC.

Peen
06-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Um FFXI did NOT fail. Dont know what you are smoking, I played that game for 2 years it hardly failed its still going strong. One of the best online games I ever played

jason32287
06-20-2005, 08:52 PM
From what I heard it didn't do as well as they wanted it to so they are going to release it on Xbox to help get it.

Peen
06-20-2005, 09:03 PM
maybe not in america, but SE definately hit it in japan with it. Lots of JP and I learned some new language :D

ripken204
06-21-2005, 06:27 PM
the ps3 has 2 hdtv support? meaning that it can connect to 2 tv's from 1 system? that would be a sweet thing for a party b/c instead of having like 4 ppl on 1 screen u can use 2 tv's

jason32287
06-21-2005, 08:08 PM
1st of all no it didn't it wasn't even in the top 40 games in the 2002,2003,and 2004(Cant remember the release year.) And in 2002 X-2 was #1.

2nd yes you can hook 2 hd tv's to the PS3. So no more screen watching when playing with friends from what I've heard you can play like 8 person multiplayer on one ps3 4 on each tv.

If you playing just 1 person you can make it show like a map and stats on one tv and gameplay on the other. Kind of like the DS.

faruquehabib
06-21-2005, 09:03 PM
both systems look badass no matter what...you HAVE to admit. i have been die hard nintendo my whole life, as i had every nintendo system except virtual boy while growing up, so i am expecting a decent showing from the revolution, even tho it looks extremely simple in it's rectangle box design. sony and m$ definitely got some powa and caSh flow in their favor though.

kryptobs2000
07-13-2005, 12:32 PM
I was really looking forward to the xbox 360, and the ps3 just didn't look too great to me, specially with it's boomerang controller. But then I decided to get a ps2 or an xbox, I've always wanted an xbox since I had a ps2 which died on me. So I got all interested in the xbox, when the time came to buy one, I realized there was not a single game I liked on it that I could not get for pc or ps2. Where as there are tons of good games for ps2. PS2 has alot of fighting games (so does xbox but the controller is worse for it), xbox has almost no traditional rpg's. PS2 has alot. the xbox's only good platformer is physconauts which is multiplatform anyways. ps2 has rachet and clank, jak and daxter, sly cooper etc... And that just made me realise the xbox 360 will not be much different game wise, they have such little 3rd party support compared to sony.

edit: btw, I think halo sucks, way overhyped imo.

[XC] leviathan18
07-13-2005, 01:48 PM
well as far as i have readed all the footage was pre rendered

DCR
07-13-2005, 07:00 PM
both systems look badass no matter what...you HAVE to admit. i have been die hard nintendo my whole life, as i had every nintendo system except virtual boy while growing up, so i am expecting a decent showing from the revolution, even tho it looks extremely simple in it's rectangle box design. sony and m$ definitely got some powa and caSh flow in their favor though.

Wow...you are in Stevens Point, Wisconsin!

I played for the UWSP Pointers Hockey team from 1996-1999...small world!

computerpro3
07-13-2005, 10:51 PM
honestly I think we are at least 2 years away from that kind of graphics being playable.

In fact, I will be surprised if the new consoles can do it at all.

MaxxxRacer
07-13-2005, 11:36 PM
its incredibly unlikely that is ingame considering the PS3 gpu is a G70 core with 32pipes (i think its 32). now compare that with todays graphics and you will realize the graphis displayed there are well far ahead. so dont get your hopes up that any of this is ingame.

RAndomaN
07-14-2005, 01:03 AM
lol, just reading this thread due to boredom and jasons attitude made me laugh.

1st
Xbox fanboy???

lol, well your clearly a PS fanboy then for being so far up their ass ranting and raving about how amazing it is, at this moment in time nobody knows which is going to be better... plus all the videos you are seeing at the moment are not actual game footage... its all videos, which lets face it, they always look 10x better than actual in game graphics

2nd
PS3:
Good Selection of Good Games
Bluetooth
2 HDTV support
More Controllers Supported
Flash Memory Support

Xbox360:
Halo
Awesome Online Capabilities
Hard Drive
A/B/G Wireless

why does having more controller support help ? not like your gonna have 8 mates round all the time playing games. Also having 2 HDTV support, wow not like your gonna have two hdtv's plugged into it.

1st of all no it didn't it wasn't even in the top 40 games in the 2002,2003,and 2004(Cant remember the release year.) And in 2002 X-2 was #1.

That means :banana::banana::banana::banana:, generally online played games dont get into polls like that... for example counter-strike (not :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty source). Was (probably isn't anymore) the most online played game by far, see any rewards going to that ? WoW's topping 2 million users atm... will that get #1 game ? no... its basically 1 player games, where idiots think they are the best for completing it, truth be told AI is utter :banana::banana::banana::banana: and will never compare to an actual person sat at the other end BUT people dont under stand that "y3h m4n 1 c0mpl3t3[) HL2 0n h4r[) s0 1m (|34rl3y t3h 13370R g4ym0r" Truth be told he played HL2: DM once and whined like a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: for getting his ass wooped... so there ya go eh... my 2 pence worth (as im not biased, i hate consoles all together)

Think before you say something :)

[XC] leviathan18
07-14-2005, 08:43 AM
you forgot to name ut2004 or any ut really but we have to admit xbox live is like ten million years ahead competition in online gameplay and with the new features for xbox360 and ive read that is going to be a basic account 4 free and advance one paying

Damien
07-15-2005, 05:28 AM
And why isn't PC capable of this yet?

computerpro3
07-15-2005, 06:46 AM
because consoles arent either

jason32287
07-15-2005, 03:52 PM
You absolutely wrong. I'm not a PS fanboy or a Xbox fanboy. I currently own both the Xbox and PS2 and love both of them. They are both very good systems and each has its highs and lows. If I had to compare the Xbox and PS2 I would rate the Xbox higher than the PS2. But when it comes to Xbox360 and PS3 I would rate the PS3 ahead of the Xbox 360

eddieate
07-16-2005, 05:46 AM
I would rate the PS3 ahead of he PS3.
really?

jason32287
07-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Sorry about that. Its fixed now.

EDIT:http://www.primotechnology.com/index.php?art=articles/0705/consoles/index.htm

einCe
07-20-2005, 07:23 AM
its incredibly unlikely that is ingame considering the PS3 gpu is a G70 core with 32pipes (i think its 32). now compare that with todays graphics and you will realize the graphis displayed there are well far ahead. so dont get your hopes up that any of this is ingame.
i have been telling people this for about 2 months now, there actually was a statement from sony(or whoever makes killzone 3) that it was cg rendered. i mean take the top graphical games out right now, remember how we all went nuts when we saw hl2? take hl2 and put it next to what these people are saying these CONSOLES we be capable of in a year and a half's time when they release. those videos make it look like pixar finally started to grow up and make something decent not involving toys or fish or zebras(but thats off the subject) its impossible to make that big of a tech leap that fast its just not :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: possible. they might have PRE RENDERED with a g70 but i stand by my statement that its just not gonna happen. not now, not for awhile.
ati is gonna make a killing off of this tho ill tell you that.

ocmyface
07-20-2005, 08:32 AM
that was the coolest video ive ever seen, next to killzone 2 and the UT video

onewingedangel
07-21-2005, 04:01 AM
The ps2 didn't live up to its prerelease demos and I dont suppose the ps3 will either, at least not initially. Once developers master the hardware though and can squeeze every bit on power out of it I think it would be possible, but this may take some years still. Im still hopeful though that the initial games would be great and only get better, much like they did on the ps1 and ps2. Even if they only match high end pc gaming - the consoles cost the same as a graphics card alone- so who can complain. Add to that that its a fixed standard, and there should be no time during its lifetime where your money would have been spent on something that you have to upgrade to get more than 15fps on the latest games. When the xbox came out the hardware involved was pretty low end pc gear, but they have managed to squeeze so much out of it, much more than you can get from an equivilent pc setup. With consoles its not so much about hardware as it is about the whole package, and both ps3 and xbox2 seem very, very good.

Xyus89
07-21-2005, 07:09 AM
it's just like a movie...
much better than a cartoon. but the price is prolly gonna be awesome as wel.

xyus

Turok
07-21-2005, 07:35 AM
This is definitly a CGA rendering, mostly because of development. To make a game with all those mud and dust effects, realistic grass werever you go, perfect car physics, and a bluring effect that follos the flow. All that would take years and years of development by millions of developers just to make something like that in several maps with several cars and making usre that it runs like that flaulessly without a glitch or bug. Its impossible today.

Another reason why this is CGA rendered is because you compare the other PS3 games and they look a lot inferior to that (unless its Killzone which is also a CGA rendered :slap: )

And finally, the PS3 hardware cant handle that with a price tag below $500. Im really skeptical about the real peformance of the PS3. I dont beleave the PS3 or Xbox 360 will be more powerful than a FX-57 or X2 4800+ and above with a dual G70 Ultra, G71, r520, r580, or r600. The only thing that the PS3 might be good at is multytasking.

The Xbox 360 games look more realistic, In a way that it would be possible
PS3 has some games that run in :bs: AA renderings and impossible polygon counts and shaders, wile the rest of the games look cr**py

einCe
07-23-2005, 02:05 PM
i just read in CGW that the xbox360 demo's were running on an apple G5 workstation, and the ps3 demos were done using 2 7800 GTx's in sli setup. that makes me really happy that pc's are still going to hold the reins.

W0nderb0y
07-24-2005, 12:49 PM
yea but the xbox 360 is programmed on a g5 with a preproduction r500 core strapped on it.

idiotec
07-24-2005, 02:37 PM
There is onlt one problem with the PS3 argument....

It doesn't exist!!!!

They are nowhere close to working hardware. All these screens and vid clips mean nothing. What are the running on? Not a PS3, why, because it doesn't exits lol.

Does everyone forget what the demos they showed for the PS2 looked like? The do you remember what the actuall games looked like? Not even close.

I think the saying is..

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...

:cool:

\/icious
08-05-2005, 03:08 AM
regardless of which sysem will pwn the other i will try to get both because both will have great games on them

kryptobs2000
08-05-2005, 04:39 AM
There is onlt one problem with the PS3 argument....

It doesn't exist!!!!

They are nowhere close to working hardware. All these screens and vid clips mean nothing. What are the running on? Not a PS3, why, because it doesn't exits lol.

Does everyone forget what the demos they showed for the PS2 looked like? The do you remember what the actuall games looked like? Not even close.

I think the saying is..

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...

:cool:

I heard they'ved shipped dev kits already a month or so ago, and the xbox 360 tech demos were being run on macs, I wouldn't say thats any better lol

Dimitriman
08-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Thats a nice demo, though I am sure it is rendered. I think the argument regarding the PS3 graphics is simple. Its very very likely that the PS3 graphics will look like the ones obtainable with a 7800 nvidia (since they possess the same architecture), and i wouldn't be surprised if the in game graphics of this game were much inferior to the video's(though still amazing).
On the other hand, I do hope that the PS3 RSX will bring some other added features that the 7800 series won't have, I doubt it though. But, there is always that new Ageia physics engine which will make the games a lot more interesting. :toast:

Mr. Tinker
08-05-2005, 12:47 PM
The PS3 game demos being shown now are redered at 5fps in a slower game time, then sped up in post production.

trance565
08-06-2005, 10:52 PM
for those of you saying ps3 is 8 player ... your wrong, sony went all wierd and decided it will be 7 ... really odd i know but thats how it is, but none the less, i dont care if those are in game or not, those look sooooooo much more bad ass than any cutscenes from ps2/xbox, and everyone needs to stop comparing ps2 to xbox, ps2 is like 3 years older tech than xbox, the fact that it STILL keeps up with xbox proves that was definantly ahead of it's time when it was made.

and ffxi on ps2 and PC is one of the most played mmorpgs ive ever seen, but the style of rpg it is just isnt that great, it limits you to what you can do, and if you arent a certain class at a certain level noone will party with you, and with out a party you cant level and move on, which is a totaly crap philosophy, for square to have done. none the less it is still a great game and has millions of people playing it

onewingedangel
08-12-2005, 10:06 AM
well, potentially it can be more than 8 player, its just it supports up to 7 bluetooth gamepads on the inbuilt reciever. but they also have usb connections for extra pads and/or wireless controllers if needed.

StrikeRTM
09-04-2005, 09:47 AM
that looks so real do we know what game that is from? i just wanna know why computers dont get these graphics cabilities sooner. although pics from unreal tournoment 2k7 look pretty sick i think these from ps3 are better.PC graphics usualy catch up soon after and become even better than consoles. Just a matter of time.

There is one thing I hate about console gaming. First pearson shooters...no good. Till the moment you aquire target your ass is full of bullets :D. :mad:

But for racing \ arcade game's it's good.

Speaking of Xbox, you can put Linux on it and turn it into a PC-hybrid. Can't do that with Play station(or is PS3 going to have HDD also?).

moonlightcheese
09-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Look good, but i noticed all the games are all blurred out a little to make it look better, sorta like the Silent hill series of games.
that "blur" is a filter. ps2 was notorious for it's use of filters to cover up it's crappy graphics. the bouncer (launch game) was a great example of this. yes, this is pre-rendered and not running on working hardware, but jsut so you know, you can probably expect the same filtering on PS3.

Xbox fanboy??? just looking at the specs of the 2 systems ps3 is going to pwn. 2 HDTV support, Bluetooth controllers, no gay Wi-Fi and a few other things I can't remember right now. Only thing I like about the Xbox 360 is it has a/b/g wireless instead of b/g.
the two hdtv support is nice, but who has a second hdtv laying around? although i do like the concept, it would be impossible to utilize the second screen fully. for racing games and FPS you need to constantly be paying attention to the screen, and you barely have time to look at an HUD, much less a second screen off to the right (or left). maybe you could use it for an RPG, but whats the point since you can just use the menu screens to get the info you need? i don't think many games will really take advantage of this technology.

the bluetooth controllers are VERY nice. for those that don't konw much about bluetooth, i suggest you go read up on the technology's real capabilities. i have no idea why bluetooth hasn't truly taken off yet but hopefully this will be the start of more widespread bluetooth use.

wireless support: who the hell uses 802.11a anyway?

Hey all u can go off of right now is what they tell us. And from what I've heard the graphics are going to be about the same for both consoles. The thing thats going to make the difference is the extra's. Such as the tv support, wireless capabilities, etc. and from this the PS3 is going to beat out the Xbox360.
if this is your argument, then xbox360 will win hands down. the new xbox live capabilities allow you a buddy list which is available in game and on the dashboard so you will always know when your friends are playing and you can contact each other very easily. the PS3 has nothing like this, and the features of the PS3 are all in the hardware and no one is going to use most of them anyhow.

the PS3 promises 1080p on every game, which probably WILL NOT happen since it requires a hell-of-a lot of memory to house those high res textures and the G70, as we all know, is not capable of full on 1080p on every single thing. there will be some games where 1080p won't be possible... but...

the cell chip i think is highly underrated. the capabilities of this chip require a completely different understanding of hardware than most people are accustomed to. a 4GHz chip capable of in-order simultaneous processing the way the cell chip provides is absolutely amazing. i highly suggest looking at the architecture of the chip if you are interested.

Sony has proved that the chip is capable of rendering physically correct explosions and crashes on a large scale in high resolutions. this is currently only possible on very powerful workstations. but with the proper programming, the cell chip is capable of the rendering itself. this is a huge step in architecture design.

sorry, didn't mean to rant about the chip but i felt it worth mentioning. however, the full capabilities of this chip will NOT be seen in most of the PS3 games (probably none of them) since the SDK will not be able to use most of the optimizations that the cell is capable of since you cannot use compilers similar to the ones we use for todays gaming platforms. the G70 is not capable of bringing those physically correct scenes to life in real time and therefore, you won't be able to see them.

that's one advantage the xbox has: there are already very effective compilers for the Power4 and it would be a much more simple step to use those compilers to optimize for a quad core Power4 and you will utilize much more of the potential processing power than you would in a cell chip.

and everyone needs to stop comparing ps2 to xbox, ps2 is like 3 years older tech than xbox, the fact that it STILL keeps up with xbox proves that was definantly ahead of it's time when it was made.
anyone who says the ps2 competes with the xbox needs to do more reading. that system is nowhere near the xbox. the emotion engine only has 2megs of uncompressed texture buffers and not nearly the graphics processing power of the old NV chip in the xbox.

Speaking of Xbox, you can put Linux on it and turn it into a PC-hybrid. Can't do that with Play station(or is PS3 going to have HDD also?).
you probably won't be able to do this on xbox360 as they have removed the capability. the bios is preflashed and is embedded on the chip, so the pads for soldering and flashing the BIOS will not exist, and they have taken other measures (they haven't disclosed) to ensure that modding doesn't happen.

Canibuz
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM

Are you sure you can't? (http://www.us.playstation.com/peripherals.aspx?id=SCPH-97047)

gulp35
10-03-2005, 10:27 AM
I've gotten a chance to go some talks by Microsoft at my College (carnegie-mellon U) where they brought a x360...
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/civ/xbox360/Image045.jpg
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/civ/xbox360/Image041.jpg
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/civ/xbox360/Image044.jpg
it is pretty cool ... though the way they talk about its security I think I will be very hard to break into and install Linux... Their goal was "to make it so it is cheaper to buy games than to buy and install a mod-chip". of course this was talking about using "backed-up" games but isn't that one of the the first steps in Installing linux?... Plus it seems that they have all their security stuff integrated into Silicon so that it will be harder for people to read the trace signals (like bunny did *or was it rabbit?*)...

So the PS3 may be the easier one to convert to linux if Sony releases a DK like they did before...

Serra
10-04-2005, 07:52 AM
PS3 Graphics power = ?

I understand additional features like extra players, better online play and whatnot... but lets be honest here, your TV can only handle a pretty low-res picture anyway. I just don't understand why the PS3 and xbox360 seem to keep boasting that they have more graphics power than anything else. I mean, a standard tv only has 480 lines of horizontal resolution.. the best tvs today only 1080 (interlaced). I'm a n00b to console gaming, so I feel like I have to ask.

Erasmus354
10-04-2005, 09:34 AM
you probably won't be able to do this on xbox360 as they have removed the capability. the bios is preflashed and is embedded on the chip, so the pads for soldering and flashing the BIOS will not exist, and they have taken other measures (they haven't disclosed) to ensure that modding doesn't happen.

I think that the Xbox360 will be cracked rather quickly. Considering that a team of modders already has their hands on 3 Xbox360 Dev Kits they should be able to find a way around the measures that Microsoft has put in place. People are resourceful, and if Microsoft were capable of preventing people from finding backdoors in their products dont you think we would have a secure Windows by now?