PDA

View Full Version : Socket 754 Processor dead?

One_Hertz
05-24-2005, 05:41 PM
It looks like my processor or mobo died... not sure.

I left my computer on, after turning it on for about 10 minutes, it went on standby, and when I came back to move my mouse to get it off standby, it showed me my motherboard screen, like ASUS K8V-E-DELUXE screen that it shows when it first boots up. First I tried to press reset and that gave me absolutely nothing (which made me think it was likely the mobo) so I turned my computer off, (via the backswitch) and tried turning back on, only nothing was on the screen, as if its still on standby (the LED is amber coloured) I tried turning on and off a few more times, and once I got the screen to show me the motherboard screen again, then it spammed me with beeps, I turned it off and its back to the as if its still on standby. All the fans are on as well and nothing seems like it is wrong inside my comp. I know its not my monitor because I tried 2 different ones. :stick:

I really need your help guys cause I will need to fix this in a few days when my next cal match is. I don't really have access to a different processor or mobo, but I can replace any other part temporarily. I have some generic 400 watt psu, ASUS 6600gt video card, and a 3000+ processor. I have done overclcoking to my prosessor, but only for half an hour for benching. I pushed it to 2.6@1.65volts with a stock cooler, but it was a few months ago so I do not think that this is relevant.

I am really heartbroken right now because I have never had any comp spontaneously die on me like this and this really freaked me out... :bs:

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :toast:

One_Hertz
05-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Guys I could really use some feedback...

scrible88
05-25-2005, 03:21 AM
Clear your CMOS. The Clear CMOS jumper is on your motherboard. Put it to the "clear" position, turn it on for a few seconds, turn it back off and put the jumper back to the original position.

Now it should post. Go into your BIOS and reset all your settings to how you had them before. Save & Exit the bios once all your settings are correct.

Hopefully that will do something for you.

i found nemo
05-25-2005, 03:29 AM
what kind of mobo i know dfi you have to press the power button again if it hibernates, or just unplug and plug back in