PDA

View Full Version : Case Lighting: Neon Wire vs Neon Pin Striping

Svenn
12-13-2002, 12:00 PM
Neon Wire (http://www.overclockershideout.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=o&Product_Code=NEONWIRE&Category_Code=L)

Neon Pin Striping (http://www.overclockershideout.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=o&Product_Code=NEONPIN&Category_Code=L)

What exactly is the difference?

Kurrurrin
12-13-2002, 12:36 PM
I would say nothing, because the pictures for both pages are the same.

Smizack
12-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Never seen the pinstripe before, but it seems like a good idea. Might get into hard to reach places.

pulverizer
12-13-2002, 09:02 PM
the pinstriping looks like two of the neon wires put together, which might explain the higher price.

IFMU
12-13-2002, 10:26 PM
The pinstripe is made from the "paper" like material Im presuming. Odds are its like pinstriping that would go onto a car or truck. Very thin, paper thin, so it could be laid out onto a window and be flat and minimally noticeable from a side view, but a direct view and it would be in full color and easily seeable.
The Wire is like an electrical cable, i.e. wire. Where it would be used pretty much anywhere someone would be interested in lighting, but not looking for the full CC or UV lights area.

Svenn
12-13-2002, 10:59 PM
I plan on getting some of this just to line around my case... Just wondering which I should order... Any suggestions?

Smizack
12-14-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Svenn
I plan on getting some of this just to line around my case... Just wondering which I should order... Any suggestions?

I would try the pinstripe. The only bad thing about cc's is trying to place them in a good spot. Unless you have a couple small ones.

Cyanide
12-27-2002, 10:20 AM
The Neon Wire Stuff I have used I put it under my keyboard so it glows at night.. It seems to work pretty well.. I wish it were brighter though..

I got mine in the car section at frys so i guess thats what it suppose to be used for??

PinStriping looks good worth a try and if you do git it give feedback!