PDA

View Full Version : What to use to Clean a Monitor?

Kunaak
12-13-2002, 10:05 AM
ok, I have a weird little problem, my monitor appears to have what I would call a grease stain on it, I can't usually see it, except if the monitor gets to a black area of a game, or dark scene in movies or webpages with dark backgrounds.

then this long purple smear is just kinda there.

it's on the monitor screen and you can hardly notice it, except likeI said in dark things...

I have tried to clean this off, and all it does is smear it around to a new place.
I hyave tried windex and a rag, nothing, tried a chamoise cloth from my camerabag cause thats usually what one would use to clean delecate glass like camera lenses, that didn't really appear to do anything either...

now I can't quite figure out how to clean it off.
it can obviously come off, cause if it can be smeared around to a new part of the screen then it's not in the glass itself.:(

Tweaked!
12-13-2002, 11:48 AM
You could always try a grinder;)

Have you tried rubbing alcohol or finger nail polish remover?

Smizack
12-13-2002, 04:07 PM
Acetone should work.

Ulfar
12-15-2002, 11:55 AM
g00d ole windex and a cloth of somesort. Made by 3m. Or try the citrus extract, works like a charm for grease.

Death-Speak
12-16-2002, 02:21 PM
I hear GoJo works wonders for removing grease. lol

Seriously, try some rubbing alcohol, and a soft cloth. It should take it off just fine.

CCW
12-20-2002, 03:10 AM
Hi,
I use anti-static foam to clean my monitor, works a treat! Can be bought for about £4 from most places, cleans just about anything.
Hope this helps,
Craig