PDA

View Full Version : nVidia's nTune

jmg823
05-23-2005, 03:37 PM
I used this program, basicly to get an estimate of where my hardware limits but i ran the system tune up and it boost my agp bus up to 82mhz from 66. Is this a bad thing?

Cabbage
05-27-2005, 03:44 AM
I used this program, basicly to get an estimate of where my hardware limits but i ran the system tune up and it boost my agp bus up to 82mhz from 66. Is this a bad thing?

I don't know what the limits are of the NF7-S (I used to own one, but never ran up the agp bus) but 82 seems a little high, just watch for any signs of corruption before you do something bad to your system :p:
I know on my Abit AV8-3rdeye I can't take the agp bus higher than 74 or my raid controller will be corrupted, once causing my Windows installation to be corrupt as well. I wouldn't worry too much about it if it runs stable (try running a bunch of benchmarks such as prime95) but watch for any signs of corruption.

DazzXP
05-30-2005, 07:43 AM
nVidia's nTune is crap, according too it i can have HTT at 1400Mhz and stable but the BIOS won't boot into windos any further then 1300MHz. As for AGP speeds NV cards can handle them fat better then ATi cards however increasing it won't yeild much peformance at all.