PDA

View Full Version : advice me a ram pls

kromosto
05-23-2005, 07:18 AM
i will get ram from france so need some advice ocz adata vx or tccd which one do you advice also need help with oczs models lots of models which one or ones are the best overclockers different then vxwhich ones overclocks with less volts

Cpt Twitchy
05-23-2005, 07:26 AM
It would help top know what all will be in this system, Mobo, CPU ect. But since you said low volts I'd go with TCCD since it usually needs 2.7-2.9v

kromosto
05-23-2005, 07:32 AM
sorry i forgot the system newcastle 3500+ on msi k8n neo2 but in 2 or 3 months later i will pass to dfi also can buy a booster so volts are not problem but if there is a good ram which cost less it would be great :) because my cousinj lives in france and if i want expensive things from him he might not get any of them altough i pay the money (he is a different boy :D)

Cpt Twitchy
05-23-2005, 07:47 AM
If volts are not a problem G.Skill GH may be a good option but I have no idea if it is available in europe. OCZ gold vx is good to and afaik has the bh-5 die like GH. For the low volt loving rams G.skill or Adata should do fine imo. I would recomed OCZ's TCCD but it is cost more. I wish I could help more but I'm not aware of the cost of ram and availabilty of brands in europe. :(

kromosto
05-23-2005, 07:49 AM
i am trying to find online shops at france too i found adata and ocz but didnt see any gskill

amrgb
05-23-2005, 07:57 AM
...I would recomed OCZ's TCCD but it is cost more...

Don't buy anything from OCZ if you want to be sure that you get one specific IC. They do not garantee the IC of their products. Many people have bought OCZ 3200 EL Platinum Rev2 thinking that it has TCCD, but after all it has TCC5 chips which are worse than TCCD. This problems extends to other companies. I think that GSkill are one of the few that garantee that the product has one specific IC. However this do not mean that OCZ products aren't one of the best out there. It means that with OCZ you need some luck to get what you want.

kromosto
05-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Don't buy anything from OCZ if you want to be sure that you get one specific IC. They do not garantee the IC of their products. Many people have bought OCZ 3200 EL Platinum Rev2 thinking that it has TCCD, but after all it has TCC5 chips which are worse than TCCD. This problems extends to other companies. I think that GSkill are one of the few that garantee that the product has one specific IC. However this do not mean that OCZ products aren't one of the best out there. It means that with OCZ you need some luck to get what you want.

this is bad news for me i have only one shot

amrgb
05-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Try to find GSkill. You will get TCCD for sure (find the specs in their site to see which products use TCCD chips). But hurry, there is no more production of these chips and the stocks are running out.