PDA

View Full Version : for when I'm not sitting behind my desk...

BMORIN
05-21-2005, 01:25 PM
for when I'm not sitting behind my desk...

Just picked up an '03 crf450r in great condition. These 4 strokes are CRAZY. Only one cracked rib so far :)

Anyone else throw their leg over something like this?

Disposibleteen
05-21-2005, 05:46 PM
i dont own one but a friend of mine does and i just love going over to his house and riding through the woods behind his house. That one looks really sweet, how much did it set you back?

BMORIN
05-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Oh, about 4.3k after tax & license. I got a great deal.

amd4me
05-23-2005, 09:31 PM
I have always wanted to ride a dirtbike but i have never gotten around to it.

Lando95
05-30-2005, 08:24 PM
My roommate has that exact same bike, but an '04 model. I have ridden it a few times, and I must say that I am very impressed with the bike. They manufacturers have come a long way in reducing weight in 4 strokers. Nice bike!

BMORIN
05-31-2005, 07:11 AM
I just took it out yesterday to a jump park near Bakersfield. That was about as much fun as I've ever had on a bike. It's amazing what's happened with these 4 strokes the last couple years.

the
06-01-2005, 02:20 AM
i wokred at recycled cycles for a coupla years and raced motoX for a season before switching over to 4 wheelers (you see, ther is far less competition in four wheelers and i was able acutaly WIN most of my races) but where we ride here at the clay pits in Leon County is where Ricky Carmichael grew up riding. lots of fun. if a frned of mine hadn;t wrecked my old ("old" it was an 03)trx 400 ex i might still be doing that to. that new 450r looks like it might be fun though. :D and i dont care what anybody says, the predator is a badass quad. when wayne wanted me to ride his in a few expo races, i made all my best times. and was on a stock quad. yea yea its a polaris, and it needs maintenence but its a beast.

BMORIN
06-01-2005, 06:50 AM
I go riding sometimes with a guy who has the '05 Predator (Troy Lee Edition) and he loves it.

perry_78
06-13-2005, 02:52 PM
I work as an official at a motocross track :) I see you have a taper bar, great price you got on the whole thing :toast:

In DK something like that would set you back some 10K at least :( I found the 04 Honda's to be the nicest. I don't know the exact model nr., I just get to try them when I try hard enough. The Honda's are nice, the KTM's are a little too high-revved.

Quadbikes are my own favourite. Those I was considering racing, however expensive as well :)

BMORIN
06-13-2005, 06:13 PM
10K!!! That's just plain wrong.

Came back from the dunes today over by Pismo Beach. Awesome weather, awesome jumps. That's the first time I've ever been on the sand and it was quite an experience. Anyone of you guys taken a bike on the dunes with a paddle tire?

Peen
06-13-2005, 06:27 PM
I used to be one of the best riders at our local track. Probly got some pics, but I quit riding there, and then quit riding all together because lack of cash! Was 2001 Yz 125. Think I got some pics of sometime in 2001.

Sucks I had to quit, because I was about ready to race in pro class! I hope soon I can afford a new bike to ride again

edit: DAMN!! Deleted all my pics, only these 2 crappy pics I found =( These are when I was playing around on practice day, 4 years ago =( im on the Yamahahahaha. This track was crazy, they always had to call life flight because ppl were breaking there necks, and getting hurt really bad. The jumps in the back made Washougal look easy I think