PDA

View Full Version : OCZ DDR PC-4200 Good for AMD Systems?

FLDQUY157
05-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi all,

I am getting this ram OCZ DDR PC-4200

The Ram's Link (http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr_pc_4200)

from someone. But since it says it's best for Intel system expecially Intel i865 and i875 chipset, I am uncertain that it would be good for AMD systems using NF2 and NF4 chipsets.

I do have 1 Asus P4C800-E Deluxe but I don't think it OC well. To OC, I have to do it by % and the voltages on the Vdimm are limited and maxes like 2.85 in the BIOS.

My other systems are either DFI NFII Ultra Infinity and DFI NFII Lanparty B, and I am looking to get another DFI NF4 Ultra-D or something.

So, I would like to know if this ram would be good for these mobos (DFI NFII Ultra Infinity, DFI NFII Lanparty B, and DFI NF4 Ultra-D) using these chipsets?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
FLD.

justwOo
05-20-2005, 06:36 PM
That looks to be a Hynix chip, so imo you'd be better off going with some other OCZ TCCD like the OCZ PC3200 plat Rev2's or some gskill LA's
The Ram OCZ PC4200 might perform a tiny bit better on your intel board, because intel seems to do best with hynix chips but not much better than TCCD, but if you ever plan on changing to an AMD setup it is definetly worth getting the TCCD over the Hynix based OCZ PC4200

FLDQUY157
05-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks a lot.

The only reason I was interested in this ram because I might be able to get it for like $USD 140.

And if it could really do 265 MHz (DDR530) on any platform (NF2 or NF4) I would think it may be worth getting it.

Or if you reckon that I may not be getting such OC like 265+ on NF2 and NF4 boards probably I'll pass the offer.

Thanks very much, justwOo.

Regards,
FLD.