PDA

View Full Version : Gskill tccd or ocz VX

mrbios
05-19-2005, 06:12 AM
appologies if this is the wrong place for the question but i need a bit of help

ive got some 4400 Gskill, but ive been offerd a trade for some OCZ VX that do 255 2-2-2-5 3.6v would it be better to sell and take the money or trade and take the ram? the TCCD has done 300fsb for its previous owner (think my mem controllers pap)

would it really be worth it is what im asking i suppose, the mushkin redline rams looking tempting to buy but i cant find a supplier in the UK yet. if anyone knows of any let me know ;)

im using some gskill 4800LA at the momment but wouldnt mind having some ram to give some welly to seeing as the dfi board has all the power but nothing to shuve it through.

Major
05-19-2005, 06:32 AM
Personally I'd say TCCD for everyday use and UTT for benching.

The TCCD will give you more flexiblity in OCing and getting the max out of your processor at lower volts and cooling is less of an issue due to lower temps.

IF you have excellent cooling in your case and the PSU is up to it the VX will be stable for 24/7 too, but your stuck with max of 250 or so to play with.

I don't think anyone will disagree that tighter timings are better, but if it means that your limiting your OC on the processor or having to put up with instabiltiy then thats your decision.

I'd look closer at the memory settings your using for the TCCD and play with it some more, It should be able to do 300mhz.