PDA

View Full Version : help balance my airflow please

Pikachu
05-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Have been reading the thread by BAcon and found it very useful.
I plan a setup very similar to his but in a cm stacker case. As a result will have
Intake:
3*120mmx12mm case fans at front
1*cross flow fan (moves only 32CFM)

Exhaust:
3*120mmx35mm Panaflo L1A/M1A at top pulling air through rad (are the M1's really that much diff cooling performance with a triple rad?)
1*120mm Panaflo or case fan at back

I've considered making the top fan's intake to push the air through the rad and making back 1 and front 3 exhausts, but won't this screw up airflow through the case and the cross flow. But someone advised me the case air would be nearly as cold as room temp and would only bugger up airflow for mobo. Will do it also if you think best.

On seperate note was also wondering if anyone knows if the 120*35mm fans fit in the 4-in-3 device modules for the stacker?

Whether the cooling loop is more important to go from pump(bottom) to rad(top) or straight to CPU then across to GPU for shorter (still slightly contorted loop)?

Also I can't seem to source the aquaxtreme 50z in UK or anywhere else, and can't find D4 rev2/mpc655 anywhere to buy in UK =S.

Thanks for any help & soz for all the questions, am noob :toast:

bacon
05-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Have been reading the thread by BAcon and found it very useful.
I plan a setup very similar to his but in a cm stacker case. As a result will have
Intake:
3*120mmx12mm case fans at front
1*cross flow fan (moves only 32CFM)

Exhaust:
3*120mmx35mm Panaflo L1A/M1A at top pulling air through rad (are the M1's really that much diff cooling performance with a triple rad?)
1*120mm Panaflo or case fan at back

I've considered making the top fan's intake to push the air through the rad and making back 1 and front 3 exhausts, but won't this screw up airflow through the case and the cross flow. But someone advised me the case air would be nearly as cold as room temp and would only bugger up airflow for mobo. Will do it also if you think best.

On seperate note was also wondering if anyone knows if the 120*35mm fans fit in the 4-in-3 device modules for the stacker?

Whether the cooling loop is more important to go from pump(bottom) to rad(top) or straight to CPU then across to GPU for shorter (still slightly contorted loop)?

Also I can't seem to source the aquaxtreme 50z in UK or anywhere else, and can't find D4 rev2/mpc655 anywhere to buy in UK =S.

Thanks for any help & soz for all the questions, am noob :toast:

our good uk friend phil now has these in stock from bruce

www.extremeprometeia.com

Pikachu
05-19-2005, 07:29 AM
cheers mate :) much appreciated.

Anyone have any advice on the other questions? Read many posts on radiator efficiency, and it seems I'd like to keep the dba of the fans in the mid 20s but they implied the CFM wouldn't be enough for thick, narrow finned radiators like the Thermochill HE120.3 or BIXIII to come into their own.

But then people dislike thinner rads like the BI Pro, is this going to be more efficient for the fans of the noise I want?

Too many questions and not enough know how :)

bacon
05-19-2005, 07:48 AM
from what iv read mate if you want silence get a thermochil pa160

im thinking of selling this case, rad and starting a new project with the pa160, just to see how well it does

only thing stoping me is im not sure what case id like to do this in and also whether or no the rad would be a limiting factor with my componants , i.e the heatload wont over run the rad, im sure it wont but only way to find out is by trying