PDA

View Full Version : building a new rig, any suggestions?

Halo_Master
12-11-2002, 01:35 PM
The parts will be :

-AMS gtower cf-1006(silver bezel),(a window is in the works at this moment)
-2x black ice extreme(chrome)
-swiftech mcw5000 (intel p4)
-swiftech mcw 50 (radeon 9700 pro)
-eheim 1250 pump
-1/2" ID tygon tubing
-4x panaflo 120mm m1a
-dangerden reservoir or dtekcustoms drive bay-reservoir or a simple T
-sunbeamtech rheobus

one rad will be attached on a blowhole on the top panel of the case.
one rad will be attached to the standard(120mm) blowhole on the back

there will be 2 blowholes in the window.

the order of the components will be like this:

-res-pump-rad1-cpu-rad2-gpu-res

I choose to use 2 radiators because i want to use pelts on the cpu and gpu in the near future.

any suggestions?

stoopid
12-14-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Halo_Master

any suggestions?

NO!

:slobber:

KnightElite
12-14-2002, 09:49 AM
I do have a thought. If you're ordering from CoolTechnica, get some Ys. They're definitely worthwhile. That way you can run your two radiators in parallel. The advantage to doing this is that you will be getting equally hot water entering both radiators at the same time, therefore giving you better cooling, as opposed to having them in series where one radiator takes the brunt of the cooling and the other one does next to nothing.

Looks like a sweet setup, best of luck with it.

Halo_Master
12-15-2002, 04:01 PM
But i am going to use peltiers on both the cpu and gpu, the water will get quite warm that way. the water from the cpu and peltier(hot) will go through rad 1 and will cool the water down before it enters the gpu block(with pelt) , this way the water will always be cooled before it enters the next block(with peltier).Peltiers are more efficient and give lower temperatures if the hotside is cooled by the coledest water possible.That is why i choose to place my radiators in series.

IFMU
12-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Pinky
NO!

:slobber:
eh? :stick:

Looks pretty good to me. But I havent run a pelt before either... heh

KnightElite
12-16-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Halo_Master
But i am going to use peltiers on both the cpu and gpu, the water will get quite warm that way. the water from the cpu and peltier(hot) will go through rad 1 and will cool the water down before it enters the gpu block(with pelt) , this way the water will always be cooled before it enters the next block(with peltier).Peltiers are more efficient and give lower temperatures if the hotside is cooled by the coledest water possible.That is why i choose to place my radiators in series.

I suppose that works. But it has been found that there is an ~1.5ÂșC difference in temperatures, at most in the water in different parts of a properly constructed water cooling loop. In any case, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Important thing is that it works and that you have fun doing it. Good luck with your setup :toast:.

Halo_Master
12-17-2002, 03:20 PM
But will there be enough flowh with the eim 1250 pump?

KnightElite
12-18-2002, 12:25 AM
That's what I'm using right now. You can see my setup in my sig. It seems to do the job, though I'm sure getting a better pump would help out my rig somewhat ;).