PDA

View Full Version : Water type...tips

Digital-EX
12-11-2002, 06:37 AM
Should I use water wetter or any type of solution will distilled water ? Or can I use Automotive Radiator liguid instead ? The lime green looks cool on some systems I have seen. Any negative thoughts on this?

Torinalth
12-11-2002, 07:38 AM
if you do anti freeze then make sure it is no more than 10%... less if possible.. it is thick and can slow down the pump.

water wetter is ok, but I hate that pink look.... I use alcahol (vodka and everclear) with water and then use water dye to get the color I want.

Torinalth

Digital-EX
12-11-2002, 07:43 AM
Thx I will do that. Water dye? where can u get water dye from?

KnightElite
12-11-2002, 09:15 AM
A lot of watercooling stores sell die. I don't know which ones offhand though. As to coolants, if you plan on using Hyperlube supercoolant or whatever it is, be careful, since when mota used it, it reacted with his reservoir and caused a leak.

Charles Wirth
12-11-2002, 09:19 AM
If you are not planning on sub zero temps than distilled water and water wetter is fine.

Digital-EX
12-11-2002, 11:06 AM
I will use the innovatek water additive with distilled watter when it comes. Its included in my kit I see. I found some die a www.case-mod.com . they also have the best prices for cathode tubes there too. Thanks for the help. I will post my results soon. What u mean by sub zero? How do I chill my water? Put it in the freezer? LOL

KnightElite
12-11-2002, 11:13 AM
More or less putting the water in the freezer. Generally, you need some sort of phase change thing, either a freezer, or a modified air conditioner or modified dehumidifier or something like that with which you chill the water to like -20ÂșC temperatures :D.

Digital-EX
12-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Oh like the prometeia ? I saw it just I didnt like the fact that its big, I take my case to lans alot. So being that the prometeia is so heavy its not feasable. Im only mildly overclocking my new XP2400+ im getting on friday.

KnightElite
12-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Same idea as a prometeia, but the prom is better because the evaporator (the part that gets cold) is right over top of the processor, and the water step is removed from the equation. With a water chiller, you're actually pumping really cold water through your system.